• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

What are YOU wearing today? Please share!

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
OK, don't laugh now. As I got dressed to go to a farmers' market this morning, I grabbed a brand new pair of shorts. It was of a style and brand I have worn for years. Unfortunately, the makers decided to make them long-shorts, which I don't really like. But, being that the type is hard to get at all these days, I soldiered on.
When it came time to choose a watch, I decided that in "honor" of the new shorts that are too long, I'd wear a watch that was too big. A friend gave it to me a couple of years ago after the rotor had fallen off. And he thought it wasn't a real "one". What are friend's for. :D:eek: One center screw replacement later and away she went. Amazing Chinese quality automatic. And with a display back to boot! Honestly, it is on the obnoxious side in my book, but the ankle-length shorts put me a stylistically goofy mood. It was an indirect form of protesting things that are just too big. But, it does tell decent time, FWIW. Oh, and it's a tourbillion. :rolleyes::D

DSC06720.JPG DSC06721.JPG

TerryT

Oct 28, 2020
Country
Region
Hello All, I just joined and this is my first post. Today I am wearing a 6s Elgin hunter’s case. It makes me happy wearing it. Have a great day!

Oops sorry not a wristwatch. I’m already messing up!

Reactions: EscapeWheel

viclip

NAWCC Member
Jul 20, 2018
Country
Rodania Manual Wind

Just back from the watchmaker & powered by an overhauled AS/ST 1950 17j. movement, this watch likely dates from the early 1970s.

I think that Rodania's "steering wheel" logo is really keen.

Rodania Dial2.jpg

Rodania caseBack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy Gardner

Ticker Stopper
NAWCC Member
Jun 14, 2016
Cameron Park, California
Country
Region
On my wrist is a very readable Fortis Flieger 24-hour from Feldmar in Los Angeles. In my pocket is a 1904 Waltham 18S model 1883 grade Sterling in a Silverode open-face case, from a community swap meet. Also in my pocket is a caliber 1003 from the Weiss Watch Company that I bought because it's a very good watch and I wanted to support one of the current USA manufacturers.

Reactions: Marcelo and viclip