What About This 14k USA Movado Case?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by jshopper1, Jul 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jshopper1

jshopper1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Engineer Retired
    South Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Who cased this watch and what do the numbers inside the case back mean?

The watch is a mid-60s 14k Movado Kingmatic Sub Sea 28 jewels. The case is a 14k front-loader.
    Dial 1.JPG

The movement is a Movado caliber 395, 28 jewels, adjusted 2 positions (BTW very dirty). Movement 1.JPG Movement 2.JPG

I believe that Movado shipped the uncased movement to the US to avoid US tariffs. I also believe that the movement was cased by a US case manufacturer. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The case back has the initials engraved "KT."
    Case Back 1.JPG

I believe that the case manufacturer stamped his logo on the case back. The logo is the letter L inside a circle with a couple of horizontal lines. Can anyone identify this case manufacturer?
    Sub Sea 4.JPG

Inside the case back the manufacturer stamped USA Movado along with the Movado Hand logo, also the numbers 4195 and 616. Do these numbers mean anything?
    Inside Case Back.JPG

Unlike Swiss-cased Movado watches these numbers don't comport with the examples found at the Movado Lookup site: movadolookup.files.wordpress.com/

Thanks for any info.

Dennis Lockwood 28 Jewels 1.JPG

viclip likes this.
  2. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Moderator
    Sponsor Gold Business Member

Sep 3, 2000
    Male
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag: