Westfield Watch Company

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
A lot of Westfield history captured in the last six years. Thanks for keeping it moving forward!

Happy holidays to you, also!

Reactions: Hawk53 and Tomxhar

Wiese

May 4, 2020
Country
Thank you so much for this thread; this is, atleast for a Google search of my newly acquired Westfield model, the best resource to get more information and ads about the history of Westfield.

I just bought a 1929 "Kenton" in amazing condition except for the dial with patina on it; crystal is good, but still needs at least cleaning and oiling. It is one of the drivers watches with flexible lugs.

Reactions: PatH and Hawk53

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
Thank you so much for this thread; this is, atleast for a Google search of my newly acquired Westfield model, the best resource to get more information and ads about the history of Westfield.

I just bought a 1929 "Kenton" in amazing condition except for the dial with patina on it; crystal is good, but still needs at least cleaning and oiling. It is one of the drivers watches with flexible lugs.
Please post some pictures of your new addition, would love to see it!

Wiese

May 4, 2020
Country
It will be completely restored, it needs to be cleaned, oiled and eventually a restored dial. The crystal is in unbelievable good condition, it runs and the lugs move nicely. The 10B movement runs, but weak so it will need work.

An interesting question for me would be since it didnt come with a watch case, but I would definitely want one with it, what kind of style they used in 1929 since there are different cases; maybe someone has a case of that time

Kenton

Jul 7, 2020
Country
Well, I'm a little late to the thread but I just got a Westfield so I thought I would say hello. From what I've seen, it looks like a "Kenton" from the early 1950s but don't quote me on it. It has no date markings on the case that I can find, but interestingly enough, the crown says Bulova. I don't know how this watch opens and I'm hesitant to try it, so I haven't seen if there are markings inside. I will say this, I've had it for two days and the watch is very, very accurate.

westfield_8103304.jpg westfield_8103307.jpg westfield_8103309.jpg westfield_8103311.jpg

Reactions: Hawk53

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
Well I never thought I'd see the day and be thoroughly shocked when it comes to Westfield watches.... However I can tell you that when I came across this I was flabbergasted. All of my years of researching Joe Bulovas illegitimate child I've not seen one indication that Westfield ever produced a solid gold watch, but indeed they did. I bought the case and the seller, or should I say scrapper, told me that he stripped and melted the case without one ounce of shame. As far as I know having never seen a ad or anything but for this case. Were you ever tempted to go cross country and slap someone till they cried?

westie solid gold box.jpg westie solid gold box.jpg westie solid gold box1.jpg westie solid gold box.jpg

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
It will be completely restored, it needs to be cleaned, oiled and eventually a restored dial. The crystal is in unbelievable good condition, it runs and the lugs move nicely. The 10B movement runs, but weak so it will need work.

An interesting question for me would be since it didnt come with a watch case, but I would definitely want one with it, what kind of style they used in 1929 since there are different cases; maybe someone has a case of that time
Did you ever find the box that was appropriate for that period watch?

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
Above watch arrived and with a little "puff" of air across the balance, running away nicely. Yay!

10AS movement and date code from 1926, service marks from early 30's. So pretty sure it's pre Bulova.

Reactions: PatH

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
Two things you never want to see on a Westfield dial or bezel..........................

I doubt it.jpg

not1.jpg

Pretty sure Tiffany never teamed up with Westfield, and the enameled paint on the next watch is just too comical to believe.

Reactions: Tomxhar

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Hawk53, have you previously posted a watch that would have this movement? If so, what is the post # (or if it's easier to post a new picture, that works too.) Just trying to learn more about the movements and watch styles that went together. Thanks!

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
Pat, Usually if it's a complete watch I'll post it with as much content as I can. But occasionally I'll buy a loose movement/dial just to have it for parts or just to keep it out of the landfills. That particular movement was sent to me by a friend who hadn't seen that designation before.

Reactions: Tomxhar

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Thank you. I thought that might be the case - no pun intended.:)

Reactions: Tomxhar and Hawk53

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
Hard to see in that picture, but if you look to the left of the Westfield stamp and down a little and there it is. I'll see if I can use a editor and enlarge it. In the pic above this one it's easier to see the "star" or "asterisk" to the right of Westfield.

Reactions: PatH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Lac
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller