• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Western Union Self Winding Clock Second/Sweep hand wanted

Fredinaz

May 24, 2020
Country
I was given a non-working broadcast SWCC clock by a friend. It was a mess inside. Looked like someone had tried to convert it to an A/C driven electric clock. Other than that, all the parts were there.

Ken (Ken's Clock Clinic) did a complete and awesome restoration. Because we were moving, I left the clock unassembled after Ken restored it. Somehow in our recent move from AZ to TN, I misplaced the sweep hand and am looking for a replacement. They're rare as hen's teeth so I'm not hopeful, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
Fred

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country
I was given a non-working broadcast SWCC clock by a friend. It was a mess inside. Looked like someone had tried to convert it to an A/C driven electric clock. Other than that, all the parts were there.

Ken (Ken's Clock Clinic) did a complete and awesome restoration. Because we were moving, I left the clock unassembled after Ken restored it. Somehow in our recent move from AZ to TN, I misplaced the sweep hand and am looking for a replacement. They're rare as hen's teeth so I'm not hopeful, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
Fred
A photo of your clock and a photo of the type of sweep second hand would be helpful.

Fredinaz

May 24, 2020
Country
Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the lost second hand. Attached is a photo of the restored clock minus the second hand. It's a broadcast studio version about 19" in diameter.

SWCC20211125a.jpg

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good evening, Fred!

Have you considered asking Ken Reindel if he has a spare he can sell you? Might be a bit embarrassing to have to admit that you can't find the one that was on the clock when he completed the work, but I'll bet he has some around.

Best regards!

Tim Orr

Fredinaz

May 24, 2020
Country

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good evening, Fred!

There's also a complete set (hour, minute, sweep second) offered on that famous internet auction site.

Best regards!

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilotken
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-