Westclox Wrist Watches - Worth Collecting?

Smudgy

May 20, 2003
Country
Region
I can't really help you with any of your questions. I just thought I'd reply to say that the value of collecting would be up to the person collecting and would be a rather subjective topic to rate. There is a relatively small number of people who collect dollar watches, they turn up occasionally on this board, but usually in the pocket watch section. At some future point in time there will be a scarcity of the dollar watches, and I'd suppose a corrosponding increase in the value of the items. But I think the main value of collecting something such as dollar watches at this point in time would be more the enjoyment and satisfaction of the collector, not the monetary return.

P

Peter G Mitchell

Hi,
I suspect that the movements in this type of watch weren,t made to be repaired, and like modern cheap quartz watches if returned it was easier and more cost effective just to put a new movement in, a repairer can spend a lot of time on a watch of this quality and still not get satisfactory results, and the customer will keep coming back with the watch, better to stick to quality watche seasier to work on, a better chance of good results and spares are usually available.
Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ferkor
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-