• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Welcome to the Members of the Internet Advisory Committee

kirxklox

Deceased
Dec 17, 2002
Dardanell, AR
www.kirxklox.com
Country
Region
Good evening.

Welcome to the Internet Advisory Committee.

I am hoping that this MB can fulfill all our special needs to assist the NAWCC in the Future Growth of its Web Foot-Print.

Sam Kirk

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Is your signature added in other forums? I have mine set to optional.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I don't see any forum specific options for signatures. Maybe John has heard of this before. The signature drop down appears for me since I selected optional signature.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Aha! I selected my signature that time, but it did not show up.

We are out of my depth here. :eek:

One more look and I think I found it. :)

ticktock22

NAWCC Member
Feb 7, 2001
King George, VA
www.stanpalen.com
Country
Region
I am hoping that this MB can fulfill all our special needs to assist the NAWCC in the Future Growth of its Web Foot-Print.

Sam Kirk[/quote]

I hope so too. Pulling together for a common cause should help.

Stan Palen

dradage

Jan 13, 2007
kirxklox said:
Good evening.
Sam Kirk
Sam, get well soon - I understand that you had a tooth (or two) out recently. You obviously have lots of energy and passion for this topic.

I too hope that this MB will act as a means for the IAC to communicate ideas and potential solutions for the NAWCC's use of the internet.

I have not been posting ideas to this point since I, like all members, I presume, are waiting for ratification of:

The existance of the IAC
The team players
The chair
The mandate and some general guidelines from the executive.

I, like Sam, am very eager to get the show on the road. We do however need the above four items communicated to us. As they say, without a defined goal, any road will take us there.

I have had direct (phone) communications with Sam re the road ahead. We all agree that the internet is indeed strategic for the future success of the NAWCC. While we may not crash an burn any time soon, the sooner we get going, the sooner potential solutions will start to emerge.

I do know that Sam and I have quite diferent strengths. This is good. Communicating these differences is not at all a bad thing since we certainly do have a common goal. Once the chair and direction are defined and communicated, all individual strengths can be chanelled appropriately as we move forward.

I try to keep out of politics, but there may be a little burried in this message. It is indended to be constructive for the common good and understanding.

Thanks
Dennis