American Welch works missing mounting brackets

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Raymond Gocken, Nov 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Raymond Gocken

Raymond Gocken Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Attached is a set of pics showing a E N Welch movement I had hoped to fit into a case (which is pristine) that had an Ingraham works in it (all from an auction). I like to be more authentic and put a Welch works in the case. Problem is that the works do not have any brackets to mount the works. There are no signs that it ever had any typical brackets. What am I missing and how do I fix it?

Thanks for any info you may have....

20191122_081150.jpg 20191122_081207.jpg 20191122_081250.jpg

2. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    These were mounted using wooden blocks that were slotted. The one on the top was shorter and the slot on its bottom would accept the top of the back movement plate. The block on the bottom is longer and has the slot on top. This slot will accept the two "feet" of the back plate. Somebody will likely be able to share pictures of these blocks and how they are mounted.

Uhralt

3. lpbp

lpbp Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Number one you are trying to fit an early movement into a later case, if the case has signs of screw mounting holes you have the wrong movement. If you insist you will have to make a seat board for that movement, the find a way to attach. Looks like someone beat me to the answer.