welch #2 up side down movement

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Tclock, Jan 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tclock

Tclock Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 18, 2012
    looking for the the correct weight for the two weights that power the clock if anyone knows it would be a great help in solving the reason this clock will not stay running Thanks Tom

2. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

which clock? my welch, spring & co. regulator 2 (not calendar) uses 3.5lb weights.

it's not the upside down movement, but followed that one closely... see this thread: https://goo.gl/VxkB6W

3. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    hey tclock -

you just posted in the blogs somewhere, but i don't know how to respond there:

https://goo.gl/yBBHxR

i have a welch #2 with the regular (not upside down) movement... mine would stop when i put the second hand on UNTIL i bushed the escape wheel bushings and adjusted the verge height correctly.

since you said you had a real guy (as opposed to a newb like myself) rebuild it, i would take it back to that guy and have him make it right. could be the escape wheel / pallets relationship needs to be tweaked, or maybe something else... but he should stand behind his work and make it right. i would start by having the conversation with him.