• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Weight Driven Standard Electric Master

Frank Manning

Nov 22, 2005
Vernon, CT
I have this Standard Electric movement that uses a Sangamo motor mounted on the movement to wind up the weights. However that train that gets wound is not connected to the time train. Each train has a pulley on it, so I suppose the weight and cable go somewhere else on pulleys on the case. It is turned on by a mercury switch on the bottom of the movement. Can anyone tell me what this cable system and weight might look like. It does appear to be something that came from the factory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Frank

IMG_2668(1).JPG IMG_0647.jpg

Andrew King

NAWCC Member
Feb 27, 2015
I have this Standard Electric movement that uses a Sangamo motor mounted on the movement to wind up the weights. However that train that gets wound is not connected to the time train. Each train has a pulley on it, so I suppose the weight and cable go somewhere else on pulleys on the case. It is turned on by a mercury switch on the bottom of the movement. Can anyone tell me what this cable system and weight might look like. It does appear to be something that came from the factory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Frank

View attachment 627688 View attachment 627689

Tim Orr

National Membership Chair
Director
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good evening, Frank!

I am betting that you'll find the weights are to provide power interruption power.

Good luck to you with this project!

Would love to see more pictures!

Best regards!

Tim Orr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ektutt
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit