Website for South Bend lovers and collectors

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by RAF7, Oct 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RAF7

RAF7 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Guys,

As some of you might know few years back was a website called southbendhorology.com created by Frank Kusumoto. There was a lot of information and materials about South Bend Watch company, but for some reason all this dissipated from the internet. Basically website was abandoned. Some time ago I got that domain and decide that will put it back online. There was not much left from original website and it was created with some ancient technology, also I didnt own rights to this materials, so I had no choice than create all from scratch. Website is online since few months, still under construction, but it might me a permanent state :).
    I would like to invite all to visit and check it out, maybe you will find some interesting materials there. Most of it was scanned from my own collection, with some materials donated by other people (all materials donated are clearly marked who was generously providing it - I really appreciate that and would like to thank everyone)
    Just a small remark - Im not a web designer and this website is far from perfect, all content was created by me, without any professional help so, please be gentle, but send me you thoughts what could be changed if you wish to do so. Also, if you have materials you would like to provide and I could publish, please let me know.

Rafal

Kent, Brad Maisto, John Cote and 5 others like this.
  2. Greg Frauenhoff

Greg Frauenhoff Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Good luck with your project.

Years ago I provided Frank with quite a number of South Bend ads from period periodicals. Did any of these "survive"?

3. RAF7

RAF7 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    All materials which refers to Frank (i.e. articles) on my website are from internet archive (thats a website which catalogs parts of internet), but problem with this source is that it stores only one link down the website, all which is more links down is lost. Some materials was transfered to website which could be found on "the other forum", but Ive compared both sites and there is about 40% maybe, from this what was online on original website (at least at its best time I could access).

4. luvsthetick

luvsthetick Registered User

Mar 31, 2010
    retired
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you for your effort!

Good luck.

5. Kent

Kent Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Silver Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Rafal:

I think that southbendhorology.com is going to be a great resource. I've added it to the Online References section at the end of the South Bend Watch Co. Encyclopedia article.

I've got a number of ads that I've downloaded (or copied from) from various periodicals (a sample is posted below) that you're welcome to use. Just let me know how to get them to you.

1905_2nd-Half_South_Bend_In_Boiling_Water.jpg 1906_South_Bend_To_The_North_Pole.jpg 1911_Apr_South_Bend_A_Different_Test.jpg 1911_Mar_South_Bend_Insurance_Plan.jpg

PatH and viclip like this.
  6. RAF7

RAF7 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #6 RAF7, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Thank you Kent, I will be happy to publish it. Its a long term ptoject and still plenty to do :)

It seem I cant send PM's to you, so most convenient way is to use something like google drive, thats depends how big is your archive (for smaller size email should be ok). Anything which is easy for you will be fine.

LStratton likes this.