We Need Help

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, May 4, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    ANOTHER THOUGHT…

Could anyone tell me how many NAWCC Chapter meetings are held yearly by all combined NAWCC Chapters?

What if we had an NAWCC BOX where each table holder or visitor VOLUNTARY dropped a $1.00 bill into that box with all the monies collected going to the help the NAWCC funding.

I cannot imagine how donating one dollar at these meetings would impair the life and welfare of the individual who will donate one dollar to a cause like a horologic hobby that brings such interest and health into his/her life…that we have our latest ascension number over 168.000 is proof enough.

One of the greatest HANDICAPS in ones life is BOREDOM…this NAWCC Association relieves so much BOREDOM and
    STRESS in your lives and keeps your mind juices flowing in a good way.

How many of you go to your computer daily to see what is going on NAWCC Association daily?

LET US FACE FACTS…DONATING ONE DOLLAR AT EACH MEETING YOU ATTEND IS NOT GOING TO IMPAIR YOUR LIFE OR WELFARE. BUT, IT COULD HELP FURTHER THE LIFE OF A HOBBY THAT HAS INTRIGUED YOU TO THE EXTENT WE HAVE MEMBERS FROM DAY ONE ONTO PAST FIFTY YEARS.

How many associations do you know that has at least 120 or more 50-year members?

2. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan:

I don't want to kill your idea, but I'm not sure it would help much. Let's assume that 120 of our approximately 175 chapters meet every other month and that 50 members attend each meeting. That's just a bunch of assumptions -- some chapters don't meet, or at least not very often. Chapter meetings may have just a dozen members or 100. If we use my assumptions, it would bring in about $36,000/yr. That really isn't significant. The needed dues increase of $15/yr would have brought in $255,000. With that extra $36K, the needed dues increase would still be $12.88/yr.

On the other hand, if just one in four members brought in a new member each year, that would provide nearly $300,000 in additional revenues.

Frank

3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Frank:

Every little bit helps while other solutions may come forth. The old 'cliche' don't throw out the baby with the dirty water.

One buck, no matter how often the Chapters may meet...helps in the long run.

You know and I know...one member bringing in four new members...is quite a far stretch to become a reality.

In the meantime...ideas have to keep coming! No matter how silly the idea may be thought.

Keep up the thinking on funding our NAWCC.

Dan

4. Fifty Fathoms

Fifty Fathoms Registered User

Sep 22, 2004
    $36,000 per year is not significant?!?! I'm not sure how you figure that...$36,000 is more than some people make a year in salary. Also, having been director of two non-profit organizations, I can tell you from very personal experience that we would have danced a jig and smiled for two weeks non-stop if someone had donated that much money to us! Perhaps in the long run it wouldn't mean much, but, trust me, some money is much, much better than no money!

Respectfully,
    Fifty Fathoms

5. FDelGreco

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    When compared to what we need to make up the shortfall, it isn't significant. Compared to the annual budget that was up for approval, $1,900,000, it's only 2%. Maybe that's where the expression "my 2 cents worth" came from. Sounds like it would be a lot easier for each of us to recruit one new member every four years!

In keeping with Dan's idea, if you could get each peson to put $7.50 in the box at each meeting, that would be about $270,000, what we need. Oh wait -- if you go to more than two meetings a year, it's cheaper to pay a dues increase of $15!

Frank

6. FDelGreco

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan:

You've misunderstood me. I said if one IN four members brought in one member each year, that would provide about $300K. That means each member bringing in one member once every four years.

Frank

7. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    You've misunderstood me. I said if one IN four members brought in one member each year, that would provide about $300K. That means each member bringing in one member once every four years.

Sorry, Frank, I am going on my 97th year of life...my mind is full of mush and sometimes my mind reads things that are not there.

Dan