We mourn

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Mar 6, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    This is not political!

President Reagan's wife, Nancy, died this morning. She was 94 years of age. Their marriage since 1951 was one of contentment and love. This morning the news is full of her passing. Both were actors and became beloved worldwide during and after his Presidency. From what is and was written - theirs was a marriage of true love coinciding with a White House sojourn for eight years. The President some years later after leaving the White House revealed he was suffering from dementia.

Nancy, for ten years after his revelation of dementia was at his side for the rest of his life, as a devoted wife caring for him (with help) in a manner that only a loving and lasting marriage can produce. In her final years, pictures and the news on TV show her becoming frail as the years rolled on being supported by holding another person's arm and a cane. As a First Lady during their stay in the White House…Nancy Regan was the epitome of what such an honor beholds.

As a lay person, as an American citizen, while not too absorbed in the political scene, it still was my pleasure, along with the rest of the United States, to have this man and wife living in the White House represent us worldwide.

Nancy Reagan R.I.P.

2. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    For sure Dan this is not Political. Nancy was supporter for breast cancer research and screening as well as drug stuff as I recall.

A truly wonderful and devoted wife and citizen.

David

3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Remembered...Nancy Reagan

Today, via the magic of television, I attended the funeral of Nancy Regan, beloved wife of our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] President Ronald Reagan. Nancy Reagan passed away at age 94; twelve years after the death of her husband who died from Alzheimer's disease.

The Reagan's were of the Presbyterian faith and practiced a love for one another that has been spoken of as a great merging of two souls, who, while not always in concordance with each others thoughts - nevertheless their great love for one another never faltered in either the private or the public scene.

President Regan first married the late Jane Wyman and had a daughter Maureen, later they adopting a son Michael. His second marriage to Nancy Davis produced a daughter Patti, and Ronnie, Jr. Both children spoke today at the funeral ceremony, I was surprised that Patti spoke about her estrangement from her mother Nancy. Later, they reconciled as her father was suffering from illness.

The Presbyterian service was highly charged with sincerity and understanding, the Pastor (or Minister?) spoke with eloquence, his words were followed by a Choir from a nearby high school singing Amazing Grace and bagpipes played as the honor guard of US servicemen placed the casket on its resting place during the services.

Nancy Reagan was well remembered with grace and quiet dignity.

4. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Re: Remembered...Nancy Reagan

Few people know that Nancy Davis was born Anne Francis Robbins to Kenneth Seymour Robbins and Edith Luckett. Edith did a silent film about the dangers of heroin in 1914. Anne francis was known as Nancy to her father. Ken and Edith divorced in 1928 and Edith married Loyal Davis who adopted "Nancy". She adored Mr Davis, he was a neurosurgeon in Chicago, she changed her name to Davis in 1935. Kenneth Robbins married my great aunt later. Nancy Reagan disavowed any relationship with Kenneth Robbins for reasons unknown. Kenneth married my great aunt, Patricia Cross. A few years ago, my sister sent a letter to Nancy Reagan asking her about her relationship with Kenneth Robbins, she never answered.

5. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Re: Remembered...Nancy Reagan

Dan, I merged the two threads about Nancy Reagan since it's the same overall subject :)