• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

We love this and it seems like it should be working but……. Junghans

jacethebace

Dec 29, 2012
Hi! We just acquired this clock but are trying to figure out how it works…. I think we attached the weights in the correct place. Not sure what the lever on the side is for… maybe the chimes? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!! (We also just had twins so we are sleep deprived!)

image.jpg

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Yes the lever is likely to silence the chimes while you sleep.
The clock must be level and vertical. If the beat is still out it may be adjusted by gently pushing the pendulum leader to one side or the other.
If this hasn't helped then likely the clock needs a service.

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Do you have a picture of the back of the clock?

Kurt

jacethebace

Dec 29, 2012
On the face of the clock? No, if I swing the pendulum it will work for a few minutes but then stop. Is there something that needs to be done to allow the weights to start moving down maybe?

jacethebace

Dec 29, 2012
No, they’re just hooked to the rings that are all the way up. I figured maybe they need to be released somehow so they can move down?

image.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
They look very high up in the pictures
I agree, that was my immediate thought when I first saw your pics. The weights look as if the have been pulled up too tight and I wonder if the chain may have come off the sprockets. They certainly look as if they are jammed somewhere.

JTD

jacethebace

Dec 29, 2012
I took the movement out and will try and figure it out…. But it’s all Greek to me. Trying to figure out how it all works. Wish I could find an exploded diagram to figure it out. Probably best to find a repair shop.

Les harland

Apr 10, 2008
Hertfordshire England
Country
Region
I think I have seen a similar problem with my mantel clock
The chime runs down whilst the clock is still going
The clock cannot chime so it stops
If you try to move the minute hand forward and it will not go, try moving it back a couple of minutes
If it chimes great, if not back to the drawing board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseysomm
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-