• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Waterbury Westminster

meaubrey

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2012
Country
Region
Hi Folks, I recently acquired a Waterbury Westminster clock, tambour case, with an unusual movement. It has a time and strike movement with a chime movement tacked on the back, giving it three plates. The pendulum rod/suspension spring looks like a home job and was taped to the crutch. I'm thinking the original was different in length. I was wondering if anybody might be familiar withe this movement (a clock buddy says it is an uncommon movement) and could tell me the proper length of the pendulum rod/suspension spring. Also the bob it came with was clearly a replacement. I found one on ebay, a cast one with a large 'W' on it. Sound right?

IMG_0095.jpg Waterbury Westie.png

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Unfortunately I don't have the exact measurements on hand. These movements are infamous for being among the more difficult to repair, but they do turn up once in a while. Here's an interesting video showing a movement in action:

Reactions: wow

meaubrey

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2012
Country
Region
Unfortunately I don't have the exact measurements on hand. These movements are infamous for being among the more difficult to repair, but they do turn up once in a while. Here's an interesting video showing a movement in action:

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilotken
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-