Waterbury Mantle Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Tia N, Feb 10, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tia N

Tia N New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    I recentley bought this Waterbury mantle clock at an antique store just because Ive always wanted one. I have a couple questions. First, how can I tell how old it is? There is a black tag on the bottom that says Chime Clock no. 907. Secondly, how do I adjust the time. It is running about 6 minutes slow. There is a small S and F dial but I dont have the key that fits it just the bigger size. This is my first clock so Im a beginner. It chimes ever 15 minutes and I absolutely LOVE it! Just unsure how to care for it and keep it in working order. Thank you so much for any feedback.

Tia:D
    20130210_100929.jpg

2. Time After Time

Time After Time Registered User
    Sponsor NAWCC Brass Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Male
    Retired, not tired
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Your clock is from around 1925. Is there a clock repair shop around? If so, they could sell you a proper key. It might be a good idea to find a good clock repair shop. The clock will eventually need maintenance. If there is no shop nearby, you could size the key and look to eBay for the right double-ended key. See: https://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?98056-Winding-Key-Sizes. Turning towards "F" makes the clock run faster. "S" makes it run slower of course. Good luck and enjoy.

3. Tia N

Tia N New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Thank you so much for your responce. I'm just over the top about the clock. It may not be a great find but it is to me.

4. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice find Tia, the older clocks are nicer than the newer chime clocks.o:)

5. Tia N

Tia N New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Thank you Kevin , I wasn't sure what I was buying more of an impulse because I loved how it looked.

6. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You did well on your impulse Tia, i know i would likely buy it as well. I hope it will run well for you and you get a key also for it.

7. Tony10Clocks

Tony10Clocks Registered User

Aug 10, 2010
    Northant's
    Country Flag:
    Nice find Tia, love the hands and the dial is in good condition, normally clocks of this age have some of their numbers disappearing