Waterbury Hall Clock No.72

fieldtripwi

NAWCC Member
Jan 8, 2018
Wisconsin, USA
Country
Region
Pretty excited to get back the re-silvered dial for this No.72 I finally found late last year.

Waterbury offered 6 case patterns of higher end (cable weight driven, with a legit regulator/tall case movement) Hall Clocks mostly from ~1893 to ~1920, starting with the No.19, then the No.58 (the No.19 with moon dial), No.68, No.72, No.73, No.76, & No.77 (sticklers might include the No.79, or the ULTRA rare No.62, which was sort of more Standing Regulator than Hall Clock). Earlier models (before ~1905?) were coil gong strike, and then later strike on a single tube.

For some reason unknown even to me, I have decided I need 1 each of these 6 brothers. This here marks 3 of the 6. The No.72 is the tallest of the 6 at just over 99" - not for your average ranch. For size comparison you can see the finials brush the ceiling, standing next to the No.68.

Waterbury No.72 Hall Clock Case Comparison No.68.jpg Waterbury No.72 Hall Clock Dial .jpg Waterbury No.72 Hall Clock Hood.jpg Waterbury No.72 Hall Clock Label.jpg Waterbury No.72 Hall Clock Movement.jpg Waterbury No.72 Hall Clock.jpg

Jon Wagner

NAWCC Member
Mar 11, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Country
Region
Sooooooo what do you know about a Waterbury Hall Clock No. 79?
A friend asked me to look up any information I could get on one and I am not coming up with much. It LOOKS like one of the later models, but he did not see a serial number on it, only gold on black label that says American Manufacture and on a second line Hall Clock No 79, and of course the Waterbury Clock Company and the letters USA engraved on the front plate

fieldtripwi

NAWCC Member
Jan 8, 2018
Wisconsin, USA
Country
Region
Sooooooo what do you know about a Waterbury Hall Clock No. 79?
A friend asked me to look up any information I could get on one and I am not coming up with much. It LOOKS like one of the later models, but he did not see a serial number on it, only gold on black label that says American Manufacture and on a second line Hall Clock No 79, and of course the Waterbury Clock Company and the letters USA engraved on the front plate

OK so I can't find my Waterbury book on this and i'm sorry for the late reply, we have moved (super traumatic when you're talking about clocks) and I am still unboxing. There is a great reference on the web showing Waterbury's catalog from 1910, and this is a link to one of the pages showing an illustration:

Clock & Watch Catalog Page: Waterbury Clock Company, 1909 - 1910 Catalog, Canada > 85

It appears this was the 'regulator' grade hall clock movement in the catalogs but without the moon phases, as it was a grandmother sized case.
Hopefully that helps a bit, Jon? Let me know.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANTHONY LEWIS
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool