• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Waterbury crystal regulator

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Does anyone have a pic of the front of the movement for a Waterbury open escapement crystal regulator? I can't figure out how to get the spring barrels out from behind the center gear shaft. It looks like perhaps the gear that's on the front of the shaft (on the outside of the plate)may have been altered. I don't want to pull on it and damage the gear if there's something else that can be done. Thanks in advance, Chris.

P.S. this case appears to be both brass and perhaps nickel plate. Does that sound correct (the nickel, I mean.)

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Does anyone have a pic of the front of the movement for a Waterbury open escapement crystal regulator? I can't figure out how to get the spring barrels out from behind the center gear shaft. It looks like perhaps the gear that's on the front of the shaft (on the outside of the plate)may have been altered. I don't want to pull on it and damage the gear if there's something else that can be done. Thanks in advance, Chris.

P.S. this case appears to be both brass and perhaps nickel plate. Does that sound correct (the nickel, I mean.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztrukin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent