• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Waterbury Crystal Regulator

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Nope. It's Shellac. You can melt flakes or melt hardened Shellac. You could probably just re-heat what you have though.

Reactions: Ken M

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
I got the bushings in. The going train is smooth as silk, still needs a little thumb power and it will run as long as I sit there. So I just ordered two new springs for it.

Swanicyouth

Nov 10, 2019
Country
Turns out, the clear lacquer I got from Timesavers is Mohawk, the gold is Nikolas.
It’s pretty good stuff as far as coming in a can & being called lacquer. Just a single light coat is all you need & it’s pretty close to invisible.

Reactions: Ken M

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
There have been times when I was testing this clock, and it would run but the hands wouldn't move. The wheel 1 being driven by the mainspring, but gear 2 does not move, sometimes. How are these two supposed to interact?

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Usually that problem indicates a slipping clutch. It could also indicate inadequate tension on the hands. Is there a hand washer under the hand nut? You might also (potentially) have a cracked pinion on the center wheel.

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
Thanks shutterbug. There is no washer, the minute hand is slotted, I see no need for a washer. It's running great now. Part of the problem is me. I can see 8bpm (400 day clock), but this thing, what is it, 120bpm or something like that? Almost imperceptible. But there have been times when I'd leave and come back ten minutes later and there was no movement. But it's up and running great now, just dialing it in. Nice clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztrukin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent