waterbury clock Knox model name

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by peggygail, Dec 31, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. peggygail

peggygail New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Country Flag:
    My husband and I recently purchased a clock from a flea market. It has the Waterbury symbol on the clock face and a label on the back that says Waterbury Clock Co. with the name KNOX on top where a model name would be placed. I have searched the network high and low for a similiar clock with no luck. Does anyone have any information they could share with us please email peggygail@centurylink.net
    I have pictures posted here https://mb.nawcc.org/album.php?albumid=492

TIA

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to the Message Board, Peggy. You have a nice looking clock. Yes, the model name is the Knox. Tran Duy Ly's book on Waterbury clocks shows it from the 1890 catalogue, but it could also have been made a few years before or after 1890. The wood looks to be walnut, but I'm not sure from the pictures. It could be dark oak, I suppose. Walnut was popular in the 1880's but oak began to be used more by the 1890's. The style of your clock, however, suggests that it is walnut. Others may have something to say on that.