Waterbury Clock Co.

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by timelyrestorations, Dec 28, 2004.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. timelyrestorations

timelyrestorations Registered User

Jan 26, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Domenick;

How about "Waterbury Clocks & Watches", authored by Tran Duy Ly, published by Arlington Book Company, Inc?

Cheers,
    Doug

2. Fortunat Mueller-Maerki

Fortunat Mueller-Maerki Director (Mod)
    Donor NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Horological Bibliographer
    Sussex New Jersey USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As a first cut Trans books are a good introduction to the lineup of any american brand of cocks.

The book "Waterbury Clocks, History Identification and Price Guide" ISBN0-930163-40-0, was published in 1989, I do not think there has a been a new edition since, but TRan periodically reisues the priceguide pottion. My accompanying priceguide booklet is dated 1996, but tere is probably a newer one out there.

Fortunat

3. jacks61fd

jacks61fd Registered User

Jul 2, 2002
    Retired Police officer
    Ocala Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Second more comprehensive edition published in 2001.

4. BILL KAPP

BILL KAPP Registered User
    Donor Sponsor

Feb 19, 2002
    Retired Law enforcement/Investor
    Arroyo Grande, Ca
    Hi guys and gals,

Tran's book on Waterbury doesn't do as good a job on the movements as his ST book.

Anyone know where to find pics of the different movements?

Especially the weight movements.

Thanks

5. Dave Heise

Dave Heise Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Retired - self-employed service provider for medic
    Timonium (just North of Baltimore) MD
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I recently purchased and received the 2001 edition, Vol I with a 2013 pricing sheet. After a thorough review of the book, it certainly lives up to its reputation as a reference resource. I did, however, notice a glaring misprint (?) in one photo. On page 472, plate number 1778 (a photo of a Majestic movement,) it appears as if the illustration is 'slurred' to the right. Has anyone else encountered this or do I possess a 'fluke?' Just interested.......
    Also, Arlington Books is now owned by Craig Unruh in Evanston IL who has reduced all of Tran's book pricing to reflect 'wholesale to all.'