Watchmaker for Harwood Automatic Repair

USCanuck

Jan 7, 2013
Hello, I am looking for a watchmaker that has experience with Harwood movements. I have a very good piece from dial, case, crystal and hands. Movement just may need a very good cleaning.

Thanks.

bobbee53

Banned
May 6, 2012
Cossethay, Derbyshire, England.
Country
A good friend of mine shows all his recent watch repairs in blogs on his site here:http://ambwatches.com/
He is a very accomplished watchmaker/repairer as can be seen. Just fill in the form on his site. Very reasonable too.

bobbee53

Banned
May 6, 2012
Cossethay, Derbyshire, England.
Country
Mainland US, can't remember where offhand...I'll email him to get his addy.

gatorcpa

May 7, 2007
Country
Hello, I am looking for a watchmaker that has experience with Harwood movements. I have a very good piece from dial, case, crystal and hands. Movement just may need a very good cleaning.
Many very capable watchmakers will have a hard time with a Harwood simply because parts are extremely difficult to find.

Jim Michaels in Gettysburg, PA is the person for your Harwood. He did a superb job on mine.

http://24.153.124.124/

I think he has restored many of the pieces on display at the NAWCC Museum.

Good luck,
gatorcpa

Roland Ranfft

Feb 10, 2011
Wildenrath, Germany
www.ranfft.de
Country
Region
Hi gatorcpa,

Many very capable watchmakers will have a hard time with a Harwood simply because parts are extremely difficult to find.
Yes, but this is already th complete list of difficullties. The Harwood is not only the first bumper, but also most durable ever made. It will need no parts, and if ever the balance pivots are worn, a fitting staff can still be located, because it shares it with some volume produced calibres.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danarog
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner