Watchmaker for English Fusee Lever Watch

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by GeneJockey, Jul 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GeneJockey

GeneJockey Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Male
    Scientist
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    An online friend has a nice old English pocket watch, from the late 19th Century. Fusee driven, English lever escapement, "Liverpool Window" jewels. No maker's mark on the watch or dustcover, but the case is hallmarked for London, 1885.

He was given it in 1979, by his parents, so it's a prized possession. But it doesn't work at present. Wound up, not running. He asked me, because he knows I'm a watch collector, about getting it running again. I service my own watches - and nobody else's - so I told him I'd see if I could find a watchmaker who works on watches of that sort.

I did warn him about the likely expense, and that he'd probably have to ship it somewhere, but he's still interested.

Can anyone recommend a good watchmaker in the US for this kind of work? THANKS!!

2. GeneJockey

GeneJockey Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Male
    Scientist
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Many thanks to the folks who PM'd me! I passed along the recommendation. Now it's up to my friend.