• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Watch Tools What Are They - TY

Lisa B.

Aug 15, 2019
Arizona
Country
Hello,

Can anyone please help me? I have some of my father-in-law's watches, clocks and tools. I have been cataloging the tools and have found the names to many through Internet searches.

Would anyone please name the following tools for me? I know they are not worth anything, but I am giving them to my son and thus, taking photos of them for me to keep. I would like to name the photos of what they are.

I have numbered the pictures to make it a little easier.

Thank you so much for your time and help. It is very much appreciated..

Yours,

Lori

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

darrahg

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 22, 2006
Houston
Country
Region
I will get things started and take a stab at some.
1. self closing tweezers
2. pin vise
3. hand made pliers with serrated jaws
4. crochet hook
6. middle vial has a broach to enlarge a hole
7. alligator clip on handle

Reactions: Kevin W.

Rob P.

Dec 19, 2011
California
Country
Region
Any idea about #5?
A better pic of the tips might help. Plus some way to distinguish them from each other.

As it is, starting from the left, items # E and F look like they could be letdown tools but a better pic of the tips would be helpful. Without that, it's only a Wild A.. Guess.

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
A,C,D,E (E is damaged), G (G is damaged) these all appear to be Sleeve Wrenches, F looks like a winding key, but would need to see the end, H & I photos are to blurred for me to make out and B I would not have a clue:)

Erin

darrahg

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 22, 2006
Houston
Country
Region
H appears to have a square end and might be a winding/letdown tool. I don't have a reasonable guess about the ones to the left and right.

Lisa B.

Aug 15, 2019
Arizona
Country
Thank you very much for taking the time to shed light on this. I appreciate your time and help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TanyaJune
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-