English PW Watch Restoration

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by D Magner, Apr 28, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It's Coming
    Just Two More Days
  1. D Magner

D Magner Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Male
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    For all who have enjoyed Archie B. Perkins book, "The Watchmakers Lathe & How To Use It" may be interested in knowing that Archie B. Perkins has a new book titled "Antique Watch Restoration" scheduled to be released in a few months. It will be a 300+ page, step-by-step guide for restoration, volume 1.
    David

2. chaplin37

chaplin37 Registered User

Dec 29, 2011
    any idea when this is coming out and where i can buy it? Thanks

3. D Magner

D Magner Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Male
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    chaplin37
    July/August this summer. It will be available through the AWCI, which is where I saw the announcement in Horological Times.
    David

4. D Magner

D Magner Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Male
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Update.
    Archie B. Perkins new book "Antique Watch Restoration" is now available through the AWCI. I can't properly do a book review as I just received my copy, but it appears to be of the same quality as the excellent "The Modern Watchmaking Lathe And How To Use It. Covers English fusee parts-making and chains, staking tool, gear trains, wheel & pinion making, pivot polishing, finishing of winding wheels, etc.
    Printed in the U.S.A.
    David

5. Dave A

Dave A Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Roslindale, MA
    Region Flag:
  6. darrahg

darrahg Moderator
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 22, 2006
    retired from computing, networking
    Houston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I seem to remember that I got a AWCI member discount too. It was about $10 off.

7. skippp66

skippp66 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just ordered my copy of Mr. Perkins new book from AWI. I couldn't get the online ordering mechanism on the AWI website to work so i called AWI directly. They didn't know what I was talking about so I insisted on talking to AWI's executive director, Jim Lubic. To his credit, he came right to the phone and helped me place my order. WHAT A WAY TO RUN A RAILROAD!!!!!
    Skip, that Hamilton Nut