English PW Watch Restoration

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by D Magner, Apr 28, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. D Magner

D Magner Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Male
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    For all who have enjoyed Archie B. Perkins book, "The Watchmakers Lathe & How To Use It" may be interested in knowing that Archie B. Perkins has a new book titled "Antique Watch Restoration" scheduled to be released in a few months. It will be a 300+ page, step-by-step guide for restoration, volume 1.
    David

2. chaplin37

chaplin37 Registered User

Dec 29, 2011
    any idea when this is coming out and where i can buy it? Thanks

3. D Magner

D Magner Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Male
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    chaplin37
    July/August this summer. It will be available through the AWCI, which is where I saw the announcement in Horological Times.
    David

4. D Magner

D Magner Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Male
    Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Update.
    Archie B. Perkins new book "Antique Watch Restoration" is now available through the AWCI. I can't properly do a book review as I just received my copy, but it appears to be of the same quality as the excellent "The Modern Watchmaking Lathe And How To Use It. Covers English fusee parts-making and chains, staking tool, gear trains, wheel & pinion making, pivot polishing, finishing of winding wheels, etc.
    Printed in the U.S.A.
    David

5. Dave A

Dave A Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Roslindale, MA
    Region Flag:
  6. darrahg

darrahg Moderator
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 22, 2006
    retired from computing, networking
    Houston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I seem to remember that I got a AWCI member discount too. It was about $10 off.

7. skippp66

skippp66 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just ordered my copy of Mr. Perkins new book from AWI. I couldn't get the online ordering mechanism on the AWI website to work so i called AWI directly. They didn't know what I was talking about so I insisted on talking to AWI's executive director, Jim Lubic. To his credit, he came right to the phone and helped me place my order. WHAT A WAY TO RUN A RAILROAD!!!!!
    Skip, that Hamilton Nut