• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Watch Repair Board

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Members and guests,

The new Watch Repair Board is up and running, thanks to Tom Chaudoir and Phil Schilke. So if you have a suggestion, a question, or are just interested, please stop by and let us know what you think.

Doug Sinclair

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Members and guests,

The new Watch Repair Board is up and running, thanks to Tom Chaudoir and Phil Schilke. So if you have a suggestion, a question, or are just interested, please stop by and let us know what you think.

Doug Sinclair

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Mike (N), and Mike (M), and Wes,

Thanks for the salutations. I must admit, I still have a lot to learn!

Any board is made more effective by the enthusiastic participation of the readership. To make this a successful board will require the unselfish sharing of thoughts and ideas. I am always glad to contribute where I can. The old adage, "no one knows it all, but together we know it all" applies as much here as it ever has anywhere.

Stick around. The fun has just begun!

Doug S.

Jon Hanson

Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston, Ma.
www.americanhorologe.com
Country
Region
AAH, another Doctor, er Doug, "The Watch Doctor!"

Sounds great to me; thanks Doug for taking the job.

I have a beginning case repair question, but I shall await the usual congrats and introductions then proceed.

Jon

Jon Hanson, nawcc#8801
Founder and President chapter 149, The Early American Watch Club

Mike Miller

Dec 2, 2001
Country
Region
Hey Jon,

I meant that to be "Benchside" manner :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But the "Watchdoctor" handle does fit. Here's to Watchdoctor Doug!

Mike Miller

NAWCC Member #154831
Member of Chapters 66 and 185

NAWCC-Internet Horology ***********

Jon Hanson

Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston, Ma.
www.americanhorologe.com
Country
Region
Hi Mike,

I know, I know--I did it on purpose! :)

You know, a Doctor at the bedside of poor, distressed, broken and worn out old watch collector! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Jon Hanson, nawcc#8801
Founder and President chapter 149, The Early American Watch Club

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
All,

As a kid, while I was apprenticing to my late father, I went to a fair and to one of these booths where they did charicatures for a fee. While the guy was doing my charicature, he was asking me questions, one of which was what I did for a living. The resultant charicature is one I'd love to have today to use as an avatar. It shows me holding a claw mammer and a large screw driver, with an exploding watch. The caption was, "Let Doug Fix Your Watch"! Dr. Watch, hmmmmm! Has a nice ring to it.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jade1jerry
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-