Watch Parts Wanted

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by raiser, Nov 12, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. raiser

raiser New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Hello, I'm looking for minutes hand or both hands for Systeme Glashutte pocket watch. My watch should look like $(KGrHqVHJC8FBmEHKtUJBQe0MlgBJ!~~60_57.jpg , but now looks like DSCF1322 resized.jpg .

Thanks,
    Raimundas

2. Skutt50

Skutt50 Registered User

Mar 14, 2008
    Male
    Gothenburg
    Country Flag:
    raiser,

Could you give us the length and hole size of each of the hands. I have a lot of these hands but need to know what size you need!

3. wilsonpaule

wilsonpaule Registered User

Oct 23, 2011
    Hudson, Quebec
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Okay, my understanding of the case for the Waltham 1888 was off a bit. Richie c explained it to me in a pm. Stem does not reside in movement, but I am still looking for a case for a Waltham 1888!

4. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, these cases were specific to the 1888, due to the thickness of the 1888 movement, they do not fit a normal 16 size case. You will also find that some of the dials with the outer minute registers, will not fit in a normal case, the dial interferes with the bezel. Usually the only way you find a case is with a movement in it. I wish you luck.

5. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am looking for an Illinois 18S, 17J, model 5, lever set lower center wheel jewel, held in with 3 screws, in a non-gold setting, I have checked the parts houses to no avail, anyone out there got one?

6. hotserman

hotserman Registered User

Oct 27, 2012
    Hi

Wanted rolex calibre 190 mainspring 150 X .06 X 180

regards judd

7. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Watch repair/ Watch sales
    USA
    Country Flag:
    Have you tried Bryan Eyring, Brian Cavanaugh, or Bob McKnight? They have a lot of good used material for American pocket watches. Their contact info is in the part sources sticky.

8. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #8 sderek, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    You should be able to order this from any supplier- just order it by size. I see Jules Borel has one that is very close. It's tongue end, and is 1.50 x .060 x 190.5- It should work just fine. And if Jules Borel stocks it, other suppliers will have it as well.

I see Jules Borel also one listed by Rolex caliber- they have it as a 1.50 x .060 x 200. Again, if Jules Borel has it, others will as well. Just call them up and order by caliber number.

9. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #9 sderek, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
    Cas-ker offers a service whereby, if you send them your case, they will fit a sleeve and stem for a reasonable fee.

10. vanhooglesnort

vanhooglesnort Registered User

Oct 14, 2012
    I need a balance complete, or at least a hairspring for an Elgin 4/0 caliber 485.

11. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

Someone may come along with an offer for them... but, if you'd really like the parts, just contact either Bob McKnight, Bryan Eyring, or Brian Cavanaugh. They have large selections and reasonable prices. Their contact info is in the Part Sources sticky.

12. Gasper

Gasper Registered User

Oct 14, 2012
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you sderek.

13. vlado

vlado New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I am looking for a glass for the pocket watch shown on the pictures PREDNA STRANA.jpg ZADNA STRANA.jpg

14. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    I'd be happy to sell you a crystal, but I need to know what diameter (in mm) that you need. These can be tricky, as it requires a tight friction fit and it is sometimes easier to just send the bezel, unless you want an assortment. Sometimes it is necessary to glue in a slightly smaller crystal with UV cement or clear epoxy.
    Dashto and Dave's Watch Parts, also supply crystals. Their contact information is in the Parts Sources sticky.

15. 6789

6789 Registered User

Dec 3, 2012
    hokgkong
    Country Flag:
    sorry i have none of them mainly Swiss watches i have noel

16. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    I responded with an offer to supply a crystal, but it appears the bezel itself (the ring that holds the crystal) is missing. Do you need both a bezel and crystal? If you need a bezel, consider sending the entire watch to Don Barret at City Bank Antiques, or if he can't supply the bezel, you could send it to Jerry Grajzl in Ohio- he can make a new bezel for just about any watch. Their contact info is available on my website here: http://www.watchrepairinfo.com/misc.htm
    I've used both Jerry and Don with excellent results.

17. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    Be sure to insure your package if you send it!

18. Marty W

Marty W Registered User

Jan 10, 2012
    Supporting Doctors
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Region Flag:
    Hello:

I am in need of 2 pairs of 18-size keywind hands (hour/minute) for 2 Elgins that I am trying to resurrect.

Please PM if anything is available.

Thanks,
    MartyW