• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Was Wondering if anyone had a Ridgeway catalog.

dairborn

Nov 3, 2012
Hampton, GA
Country
Region
I had a thread a long time ago with this clock and I tried to find a name. However, I never was able to post pictures. Well Lets change that. This was a yard sale pick up many years ago for 40 bucks that wasn't working that I had restored. Anyone know the name of this clock? IMG_0530.jpg

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I had a thread a long time ago with this clock and I tried to find a name. However, I never was able to post pictures. Well Lets change that. This was a yard sale pick up many years ago for 40 bucks that wasn't working that I had restored. Anyone know the name of this clock? View attachment 647979
I believe that Spaceman Spiff has some Ridgeway catalogs.

Spiff only checks-in to the forums now and then, so you may need to be patient. Or you can send him a private message.

Regards.

Reactions: Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Do you have this one in the 1997 catalog?
Hi, Rockin Ronnie.

Yes, your clock appears to be model 9169, known as the "Sussex," although yours does not appear to have the "country oak" finish as described. (See attached scan).

Model number 9169 would indicate that the model debuted in 1991, but the fact that it's in the 1997 catalog indicates that it continued for at least another six years. If you can find the serial number in your clock, the first two digits would indicate exactly which year your clock was manufactured. (This method for dating a Ridgeway only works for clocks from the mid-1980s forward).

Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
John

Ridgeway model 9169 Sussex.jpg

Rockin Ronnie

NAWCC Member
Nov 18, 2012
Greenfield, Nova Scotia
antiquevintageclock.com
Country
Region
Hi, Rockin Ronnie.

Yes, your clock appears to be model 9169, known as the "Sussex," although yours does not appear to have the "country oak" finish as described. (See attached scan).

Model number 9169 would indicate that the model debuted in 1991, but the fact that it's in the 1997 catalog indicates that it continued for at least another six years. If you can find the serial number in your clock, the first two digits would indicate exactly which year your clock was manufactured. (This method for dating a Ridgeway only works for clocks from the mid-1980s forward).

Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
John

View attachment 649489
Thanks. It is #96028868 and has a Hermle 451 movement and chain driven.

Ron

Reactions: Spaceman Spiff

MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
I am looking for information on a Ridgeway clock and the serial number starts with 90. The clock was purchased in early 1993. The Hermle movement is dated B (1989). The model number may be 8910. It is shaped light a curio cabinet, but it is not a curio cabinet. The angled sides have wavy glass and the top side ports are flexible Plexiglas to conform to the wave. It has a case light and a pendulum bob light. Anybody?

sl right.jpg

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
I am looking for information on a Ridgeway clock and the serial number starts with 90. The clock was purchased in early 1993. The Hermle movement is dated B (1989). The model number may be 8910. It is shaped light a curio cabinet, but it is not a curio cabinet. The angled sides have wavy glass and the top side ports are flexible Plexiglas to conform to the wave. It has a case light and a pendulum bob light. Anybody?
Hi, MuensterMann.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding your clock listed in my 1997 catalog. (I only have a few catalogs--1967, 1972, 1977, 1980, and 1997).

The model number you gave sounds about right for the period and indicates that your particular model debuted in 1989, and the serial number's first two digits of 90 indicates the year your specific clock was manufactured. Since I'm not finding it in the 1997 catalog it appears that model was discontinued by then.

Sorry I wasn't of more help.
Sincerely,
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rastable1
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-