Telechron Warren Warren Telechron Clocks

specop

May 8, 2003
Wales
I am seeking information about Warren Telechron Co. clocks. I presume the master runs on dc voltage (battery) but does it work on the self-winding principle or by synchronous motor?

Any background information also much appreciated.

Many thanks

specop

May 8, 2003
Wales
I am seeking information about Warren Telechron Co. clocks. I presume the master runs on dc voltage (battery) but does it work on the self-winding principle or by synchronous motor?

Any background information also much appreciated.

Many thanks

DenisG

Sep 7, 2003
Hi specop,

You may want to place a copy of your question on the board 'Early electric clocks and watches'. Lots of experts in that particular area there.

Denis

RickThomes

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2004
Marietta, Ga
Country
Region
Specop,

Here are two more great web sites.
http://clockhistory.com/telechron/
http://www.warrencenter.com/henry.html
To answer your question, both the A & B ran on 115 volts AC 60 Cycles running a synchronous motor. The Movement also wound a self winding spring that ran a mechanical clock in conjunction with the synchronous. The difference in the speed of the two is what indicate the change from the desired 60 cycles in the electrical power source and therefore requires attention to the power source.

I have a "B" model master and a considerable amount of information on Warren and these clocks. Will be glad to mail you copies if you email me your mailing address.

Hope this helps.

RickThomes

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2004
Marietta, Ga
Country
Region
That is the model "B" master clock that was used by power plants or manufacturing plants to insure that the voltage remained at a consistent 60 cycles. They are rather scarce and very interesting clocks. The front plate on mine says 115 volts 60 cycles 4 W and is serial # 1000.

RickThomes

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2004
Marietta, Ga
Country
Region
If you will look up U. S. Patent # 1,502,494 it will give you a explanation and drawing of how these movements or clocks worked. They are really very ingenuous.

specop

May 8, 2003
Wales
Thanks for all your responses (especially Rick). I now have all the information I need.

Best wishes

kslonewolf

New User
Oct 30, 2012
telechron master clock type a

hey i just got a telechron type a master clock fron ku university that used to be in thier old power plant but nobody had key for it. i even have the instruction manual for it this is a cool piece and my first old clock help.:excited:

kslonewolf

New User
Oct 30, 2012
rick i see u have some knowledge about these master clocks i just got one from ku but it is a type a sure would like to tap your brain about them as this is my first old timepiece and i sure dont want to mess it up

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Re: telechron master clock type a

hey i just got a telechron type a master clock fron ku university that used to be in thier old power plant but nobody had key for it. i even have the instruction manual for it this is a cool piece and my first old clock help.:excited:
Welcome to the NAWCC Message Board and thanks for posting your inquiry. I notice you also posted to another older thread found in the Clocks General forum that would have been better placed in the Electric Horology forum. You will get much better response from the experts in that forum so I am merging this thread with the other one.

These are very interesting clocks and hopefully you will get the answers to your questions so you can get your clock working properly.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

NAWCC Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watchchucker
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent