• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Warren Warren Telechron Braniff Airways Clock

jr anderson

May 21, 2019
Country
Hey There- I just got this clock, its a Telechron B3G17 Catalog Number, Type B2 Motor.
It was made for Braniff Airways, I got it at an estate sale and would really like to know its age, I would appreciate ANY help if you can..
Thanks in advance

braniff clock 001.JPG braniff clock 002.JPG

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

Your post might do better in the Electric Horology Section. A moderator can move it for you if he agrees.

JTD

davefr

NAWCC Member
Nov 29, 2008
Oregon
www.telechronclock.com
Country
Region
Find the date code stamped on the Telechron B-2 rotor. Usually the lower/right number sequence.

Now use my date code deciphering guide (probably format #4 but it could be #3):
Telechron Rotor Date Codes

That will tell you the exact month and year the rotor was produced. That looks like the clock's original motor so it should be a close approximation of the clock's age.

P.S. that's a very interesting clock

Last edited:

jr anderson

May 21, 2019
Country
Find the date code stamped on the Telechron B-2 rotor. Usually the lower/right number sequence.

Now use my date code deciphering guide (probably format #4 but it could be #3):
Telechron Rotor Date Codes

That will tell you the exact month and year the rotor was produced. That looks like the clock's original motor so it should be a close approximation of the clock's age.

P.S. that's a very interesting clock
Hello Dave, I checked that code and it was 855, (see pic) I guess that means August of 1945? Or would it be Aug. of 1955? The clock was removed from an old Braniff Airways Terminal at Dallas Love Field years ago. It was found like this. with no casing around it. How do you think it was mounted? Thanks again, for your help!!

clock number 001.JPG

davefr

NAWCC Member
Nov 29, 2008
Oregon
www.telechronclock.com
Country
Region
It's Year, Month, Decade. 855 = May, 1958

That looks like an unusual mechanical movement (maybe even non Telechron). My guess is the clock was panel mounted. Maybe in the airline's main dispatch office, control room or crew lounge. Maybe it was mounted along with some weather instruments as part of a custom display.

You might want to post at telechron.net. Maybe those guys have some other clues.

jr anderson

May 21, 2019
Country
It's Year, Month, Decade. 855 = May, 1958

That looks like an unusual mechanical movement (maybe even non Telechron). My guess is the clock was panel mounted. Maybe in the airline's main dispatch office, control room or crew lounge. Maybe it was mounted along with some weather instruments as part of a custom display.

You might want to post at telechron.net. Maybe those guys have some other clues.
Again I thank you Dave, you have been a ton of help on this. Sounds good on the mounting also. I guess Im lucky the clock works, and is in decent condition. I will check with telechron.net too. I appreciate it Dave have a good day!

ElectricTime

NAWCC Business
Sep 28, 2002
It's a telechron/electric time movement - the G17 means it's a 24 hour movement.

we haven't made the movement since the 1970's - it's an old clock as the nameplate is Warren Telechron.

B3G17.jpg

jr anderson

May 21, 2019
Country
Thank you sir, I was really having a hard time finding anything about the G17 thing. Now I know and I appreciate your help immensely! Thanks again. JR

Reactions: ElectricTime
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accuraterubber
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit