Warmink WUBA

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by R.A.J., Oct 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R.A.J.

R.A.J. Registered User

Jan 1, 2018
    Male
    Pharmacist
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just acquired a Warmink WUBA clock and would like to know if there is a site available to get an accurate dating. I found the clock at an estate sale for $35.00.
    Thank you

81F82F66-5547-4EC7-8CE9-54E29EB020BE.jpeg C941A647-AD25-4D15-8D78-E8E8850F6F9A.jpeg 4195495F-5765-497E-A147-660A2A9647BB.jpeg EFDED1EA-465B-43EB-8FB1-279540B4A22B.jpeg E6215921-849B-472E-893B-295EBE4140DD.jpeg

Berry Greene likes this.
  2. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Pineville, La. (central La.)
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It probably dates in the 1970’s.

3. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Your clock has an Urgos movement and, as Will has said, probably dates from the 1970s.

JTD

4. R.A.J.

R.A.J. Registered User

Jan 1, 2018
    Male
    Pharmacist
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you both for your information. I appreciate the help.
    RAJ

Berry Greene likes this.
  5. Berry Greene

Berry Greene Registered User

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Retired electronics engineer
    Chichester
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have just acquired one too. Given to me FOC it was in a mucky state and I actually thought it might be Indian although the movement is better than Asian. I have discovered through this Forum that in fact it is Dutch. I didn't know the movement type until reading Urgos here and comparing the pictures. It looks the same job. Is that of German origin? Thanks again you generous knowledgeable people.

You paid $35 which is about £27 Sterling. I see a 4x4 Westminster chime but otherwise identical clock on ebay for £400 right now - open to offer! Shall I make an offer for the extra hammers & gongs? It won't be near that figure. Mine just double strikes and is looking surprisingly good after a thorough clean up & polish. It keeps good time with its (surprise surprise ……) Hermle floating balance - but is minus its hour hand, Any ideas on this for me? Of course a striking clock doesn't need any hands does it? It's a traditional listening clock calling folk to worship. :<))
    Sincerely,
    BerryG

6. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Yes, URGOS is the trade mark of a German manufacturer (the letters stand for Uhren und Gong Fabrik Schwenningen), in business from 1920 to 1991.

WUBA was the trade mark of a Dutch manufacturer, John Warmink in business in Holland from 1929 to 1992.

I am not sure what the last part of your post is really asking. If you are asking about a replacement hand, these are easily available. If I have missed the question, please explain and I am sure help will be forthcoming.

JTD

Berry Greene likes this.
  7. Berry Greene

Berry Greene Registered User

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Retired electronics engineer
    Chichester
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for your reply JTD. What a shame (Warmink) they've gone now. I like to save & preserve these old artefacts wherever I can.
    I have spent quite a bit of time today researching this clock and I'm well pleased with the outcome. Delightful specimen. I'm sorry if I was being a bit flippant back there. It just confused the issue. Yes I will need a matching or sympathetic hour hand. I was wondering if anyone has a short term fix - or for that matter a whole tutorial on making a suitable hand. From a quick fix, while I rate the clock, to a proper job, purchased or made by me perhaps?
    Thanks again. Sincerely, BerryG