Waltham Wm Ellery

Bill B

Aug 12, 2004
Apache Jct AZ
Country
Region
I have a 18 size Wm Ellery 1877 model open face with 11 jewel and a male stem. It came in a very nice silver dust proof case, the one with the screw down crown. Looking it over I found that the top plate center hole has been fitted with a bushing, badly done the center wheel is cocked so it doesn't run. I am looking for a works that is repairable or set of plates. Can any one help me out?

Bill B

Aug 12, 2004
Apache Jct AZ
Country
Region
I have a 18 size Wm Ellery 1877 model open face with 11 jewel and a male stem. It came in a very nice silver dust proof case, the one with the screw down crown. Looking it over I found that the top plate center hole has been fitted with a bushing, badly done the center wheel is cocked so it doesn't run. I am looking for a works that is repairable or set of plates. Can any one help me out?

Don Dahlberg

NAWCC Member
Aug 31, 2000
I see no reason that the present bushing could not be removed, the whole properly centered and redrilled and a larger bushing properly installed.

If you want to replace the movement and are a member of NAWCC, there are many at the NAWCC marts.

Don

Bill B

Aug 12, 2004
Apache Jct AZ
Country
Region
Who ever did it really messed it up. I don't know how you would fix it. I'm not a member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeffbloz
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller