Waltham Travel Clock

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Could someone shed any light on a Waltham Travel Clock that Dad has, it is in a fold down leather case, serial number on the watch is 93146, it has no other numbers or letter prefix and all the plates have that number on. 16 Size Nickel Plate 7 jewel, looks like a Equity grade. Did the Equity grade or movements used for Waltham Travel Clocks have their own Serial Number runs? Also would someone be able to tell me what year it would be?

Erin

Last edited:

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Here is an earlier thread that discusses Equity serial numbers. Equity Watch Co. Boston 15 Jewels

However, it would be useful to see the movement in your travel clock to verify what exactly it is.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
It does resemble an Equity movement. Here are the movements fro m a pair of 7-jewel watches I have, both marked.

Movement.JPG Movement.JPG

Maybe it made sense to use the less expensive but still reliable movement in something like a travel clock.

Reactions: Tim Fitzgerald

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
As I thought Steven and you have confirmed, "Equity" Grade, interesting that it is not marked as such, also has a oversize double sunk dial marked "Waltham" with lumed hands, not the normal pierced type but a set that are recessed along the body for the lume to go in:)

Jerry Treiman

NAWCC Member
Golden Circle
Aug 25, 2000
Los Angeles, CA
Country
Region
Are your Equity watches by any chance double roller escapement Steven?

Erin
Bila - have you ever seen one? None of my Equity models (7 jewel or 15 jewel) have a double-roller escapement and I would be surprised to hear of one.
However, the Waltham-Howard 19-jewel movement, on which the Equity ebauche was based, does have a double-roller escapement.
1010396m.jpg

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Yes Jerry, it has a double roller escapement, for a 7 Jewel watch/clock it runs fantastic, I just wonder why it is not marked Equity, a total clean-skin except for the serial.

Erin

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Are your Equity watches by any chance double roller escapement Steven?

Erin
In line with what Jerry said, mine do not have double roller escapements.