Waltham Tall Case Clock, FABULOUS & RARE

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by tymekppr1, Jan 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tymekppr1

tymekppr1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 19, 2009
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I can not even begin to describe my latest find. It is a circa 1905 Waltham Tall Case clock and don't let the photos fool you. This beast is 9 feet tall, 9 tubes and is all original. The movement and chime rods are all signed Waltham and the tubes are much heavier and thicker than a standard tube, almost like a thick pipe. The movement, steel pendulum sick and bob are all numbered exactly. I can not find this in any book so I figure it must have been a special order. Pictures do not do it justice as it is bigger than any tall case clock I have ever seen, the hood by itself weighs almost 80 lbs. It is sold oak and still have the original door key and winding crank. My guess is that maybe it was in some public building like a state building, since that is about the only place I can imagine a clock of this size would be. IMG_6986.JPG IMG_6990.JPG IMG_6991.JPG IMG_6992.JPG IMG_6993.JPG IMG_6994.JPG

2. MQ32shooter

MQ32shooter Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Male
    Garland, Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    WOW! What a beautiful clock. Thanks for sharing the photos.

3. Steve Murphy

Steve Murphy Registered User

Jan 8, 2007
    Male
    Sierra Madre, Calif.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    wow! what a clock!

4. tymekppr1

tymekppr1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 19, 2009
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks so much, yea it is a magnificent piece. I wish I knew more about it, so I am sending photos to the Waltham Clock Museum and hopefully get some information. Does anybody know if there is any kind of dating system with the serial number? I'm sure there is but I can not find one anywhere.