• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Waltham electric clock

Jerry Treiman

NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Los Angeles, CA
Country
Region
I'm sorry to say that I got my young hands on this clock some 50 years ago when I was "learning the trade" in a clock shop*. It was my grandmother's table clock and it had quit working. The easy solution at the time was to convert it to a battery clock. As I changed the battery tonight, along with "falling back", I wondered if it might be possible to restore it to a proper electric clock. I still have what may be the original hands, but not the movement. [Actually, I just looked at the Model 155 movement parts in my 1934 Waltham material catalog, and they do not look at all like I remember the movement, so I think when I installed the battery movement the original was already replaced.] Does anyone know if restored movements are available?
[This clock appears to be the "Gothic" model from the '30s].
Waltham clock_fo.jpg Waltham clock_label.jpg

* If this example of my work has anyone worried, I was in high school at the time and did not pursue a career in clock repair. I have stuck with pocket watches where I am more respectful of heritage and originality.

Jerry Treiman

NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Los Angeles, CA
Country
Region
My first impression is it was replaced, from the 60 cycle frequency sticker, attached over what looks like a previous notation.
Thanks for that observation. I just looked again at my material catalog and motor assemblies were available for various current and voltage inputs. Motor 15530 is for 60 cycle, 110 volts, 2 watts.

Last edited: