Watch Open Waltham 1892 4th wheel

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by wilsonpaule, Dec 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wilsonpaule

wilsonpaule Registered User

Oct 23, 2011
    Hudson, Quebec
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Trying to find a fourth wheel for a Waltham 1892, part # 1687.
    A watch I bought had the end of the staff that the second hand sits on sheared off. Unfortunately I cannot find a parts movement at any of the regular places. Any help is appreciated! The previous owner really botched up this watch. No feet on the dial so that is why the second hand got sheared off!

2. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You can also maybe just find the Pinion which is part # 1697 and stake on the wheel.
    Also a Model 1883 which is very common, has a 4th wheel & pinion that lists the same specs, teeth(80) and Leaves(10) and might work if the length is the same.

3. wilsonpaule

Oct 23, 2011
    Hudson, Quebec
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Okay, given the fact that I do have an 1883 parts watch, I will give the fourth wheel from that one a try. That will be Thursday's project!

4. wilsonpaule

Oct 23, 2011
    Hudson, Quebec
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Oh well, the pinion for the 1883 does not fit. (The wheel itself is much larger as well.) The search continues for a Waltham 1892 fourth wheel or just the pinion (part 1607). If anyone has any leads......