Wagner Watch Co.

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Greg Crockett, Oct 1, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Greg Crockett

Greg Crockett Registered User

Apr 13, 2001
    I have a 15 jewel, off-set seconds, fixed-lug wristwatch marked Wagner on the dial with a "W" trademark within an upside-down triangle under that. The dial is also marked, "Wasserdicht Stossicher" It appears to have been made in the mid to late 1930's. The movement has the same "W" in a triangle trademark with the number "810" next to that. Perhaps a caliber designation? The works are also marked, "15 Rubis". The back is marked "RLM" (Rich Luft Ministerium), an early German Air force designation, along with the number 4155.

I know Wagner made watches for the German military, and sometimes they used Swiss movements. However, I don't know much about the Wagner company itself. Was it a German company or Swiss? Thanks for your input.

Best regards,
    Greg

2. Greg Crockett

Greg Crockett Registered User

Apr 13, 2001
    I have a 15 jewel, off-set seconds, fixed-lug wristwatch marked Wagner on the dial with a "W" trademark within an upside-down triangle under that. The dial is also marked, "Wasserdicht Stossicher" It appears to have been made in the mid to late 1930's. The movement has the same "W" in a triangle trademark with the number "810" next to that. Perhaps a caliber designation? The works are also marked, "15 Rubis". The back is marked "RLM" (Rich Luft Ministerium), an early German Air force designation, along with the number 4155.

I know Wagner made watches for the German military, and sometimes they used Swiss movements. However, I don't know much about the Wagner company itself. Was it a German company or Swiss? Thanks for your input.

Best regards,
    Greg