Vulliamy, Highly Jeweled Fusee movement.

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Omexa, Nov 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, I have just been playing around using my latest version of Photoshop CC 2019 to touch up old photos. "Vulliamy family (per.c. 1730–1886), clock- and watchmakers, was founded in London by (François) Justin Vulliamy (bap. 1712, d. 1797), a Swiss watchmaker, son of a pastor at Gingins in the Pays de Vaud, who moved to London in the 1730s to study English watchmaking, particularly, it is believed, the cylinder escapement recently developed by ..."
    This is my most highly Jeweled Fusee movement. I would have taken new photos of it but after 3 weeks at Quest Studio Apartments at Government expense while I got a new Bathroom and my latest Hospital visit, I am not sure where it is. Regards Ray

1.jpg 3.jpg 7.jpg

luvsthetick and Keith R... like this.
  2. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 Omexa, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Hi, I was toughing it out at the Apartments; it was hard to put up with it. Ha Ha. I was on the 7th floor on the left side of image of Apartments. I have became friends with the Staff as this is the second time I have stayed at the Apartments. I will be back again soon as I am getting a new Kitchen; the NT Government really look after Old Age pensioners. there are not many people my Age in the NT; only 1.1 %. Regards Ray Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

3. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Ray,

You poor chap, how on earth did you put up with such squalid conditions?

Regards,

Graham

4. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Graham, it is not easy; but Territorians are used to tough conditions. Regards Ray