Vintage Timex Watches - New Timex Forum....

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Ray Fanchamps, Feb 25, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ray Fanchamps

Ray Fanchamps Deceased
    Deceased

Aug 24, 2000
    N'er do well......
    LLareggub
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Alan,
    I think you have a great idea. The ability to readily communicate with like minded collectors is one of the greatest assets that we can create.
    The function of this board is the same and I would welcome the continued development of "specialty" areas and specialty chapters here on this Message Board.
    Ray Fanchamps
    Message Board Administrator

2. bsaunders

bsaunders Guest

While timex does have a history, the first thing I got was a "Pop Up" to some gambling site. Let's keep this watch related please.

3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I suspect that bsaunders was not implying a lack of respect for Timex. The network54 banner ad is very bright and flashes. If one scrolls down immediately it becomes hidden. However, I was unable to read the top postings on the page because of the ad.

Once I got past that point, the discussion looked interesting. :)

------------------
    Tom McIntyre
    President, NAWCC Chapter 174
    Pocket Horology Web
    Tommy the JOAT's Web

4. Ray Fanchamps

Ray Fanchamps Deceased
    Deceased

Aug 24, 2000
    N'er do well......
    LLareggub
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    When I visited the site I blew right past the "Flycatcher GIF". Boy, that is annoying if you stay with it on the screen.
    There are lots of places where Boards are available for "free". The "cost" is sharing space with the advertising of the host. I hope one value to this board is that it really is free, free to use and free of ads.

Ray Fanchamps

5. Casey Jones

Casey Jones Guest

After you go to this forum site click your esc. key and it will freeze the GIF image. Works on all those flashing ads that are so distracting. Casey

6. Tom Huber

Tom Huber Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 9, 2000
    Male
    Track & cross Country Coach
    Indiana PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Casey, Thanks for the info on the esc key. Just goes to show you learn something every day. Tom