Vintage Parker Wristwatch

watchlady

New User
Jun 3, 2022
Country
I have a Parker wristwatch probably from the late 70's, early 80's with a Porsche logo on the face. I don't believe Porsche allowed that willy nilly and I'd really like the story behind it if anyone knows anything.
It has a champagne dial, no numbers, in a gold case with a light brown pigskin band. The number on the Lifetime Warranty is #91181.

tempImagenbGv36.png

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
Welcome to the NAWCC message board.

Personally, I'm not familiar with the Parker brand. That said, the logo dial looks well done. And you may be right that Porsche was/is protective over their name so there's a good chance it's a legitimately licensed product. Does the paperwork for the warranty say anything about it being licensed by Porsche?

Is the watch running? Is it a mechanical movement that needs to be wound? Is it quartz? Maybe there's some information on the back of the case. Unless someone on the board here is familiar with Parker-made Porsche watches, the case will probably have to be opened in order to tell much. If it's a quality movement, I'd go with a legitimately licensed product. If it's a Chinese-made quartz movement that needs a large case spacer ring to fit right, etc., it may be a bootleg.

Can you provide an image of the back of the case? Thanks. Cheers.

watchlady

New User
Jun 3, 2022
Country
Welcome to the NAWCC message board.

Personally, I'm not familiar with the Parker brand. That said, the logo dial looks well done. And you may be right that Porsche was/is protective over their name so there's a good chance it's a legitimately licensed product. Does the paperwork for the warranty say anything about it being licensed by Porsche?

Is the watch running? Is it a mechanical movement that needs to be wound? Is it quartz? Maybe there's some information on the back of the case. Unless someone on the board here is familiar with Parker-made Porsche watches, the case will probably have to be opened in order to tell much. If it's a quality movement, I'd go with a legitimately licensed product. If it's a Chinese-made quartz movement that needs a large case spacer ring to fit right, etc., it may be a bootleg.

Can you provide an image of the back of the case? Thanks. Cheers.
It's a quartz movement that is not running. I doubt that it was ever worn by the young person it was given to. His brother received one too.
No reference to Porsche in the certificate. Thanks for the info. I'll be taking it to my jeweler to see if he can get it running.

tempImagef0Tkrm.png

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
YW, for the info.

I guess you'll find out things when the jeweler removes the back. As roughbarked said, you'll be fortunate if the battery didn't leak, as it can wreak havoc on electronics. That said, quartz movements are available of varying grades and sizes that can probably replace what's in there. But again, there's no telling without seeing the movement.

Thanks for the image of the back. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell us much. If you can get it running, you might want to consider getting a different strap for it. The one that's on it is a touch small for the size of the lugs. It's a bit unusual too, that the strap size is denoted in inches rather than millimeters. Most what I see today are in millimeter sizes. That may tell us that it's a somewhat vintage piece. Good luck. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meum
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-