• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Viking Moon-glo

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Hi, all.

I've had this clock for about 10 years but finally got around to photographing it recently. I did a search here in the forums but didn't find any other entries (although I did find a couple on the web when googling), so I thought I would share these pics here.

Viking Moon-glo clock from ca. 1931.

Cheers!

Attachments

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Neat clock John.I like it.It seems the newer clocks are so bright to keep by your bed.
Do you use this one?

cazboy

Apr 27, 2006
Prescott Valley, Arizona
dougsclocks.hpage.com
Country
Region
Hey mr. spaceman, neat clock. That really has a beautiful soft glow and your pics capture it nicely. I've never heard of a "Viking" clock. Were they common back in the day?

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Hey mr. spaceman, neat clock. That really has a beautiful soft glow and your pics capture it nicely. I've never heard of a "Viking" clock. Were they common back in the day?
Hi, Doug.
I'm not sure. It's the only Viking clock I've ever encountered. When I tried to look them up in here (or with Google), I think the only other Viking clocks I found were grandfather clocks.
Thanks,

skruft

Aug 5, 2002
Country
Very nice collections! More electric clocks needed!

I am not an expert on the Viking but know there are (at least) several Moon-Glo models generally similar to that and some people do collect them. I don't see many. Someone here will know better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Mcneil
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller