Victorinox Swiss Army

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Unkei, Apr 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Unkei

Unkei Registered User

Mar 25, 2016
    Retired LEO
    Columbus,Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is one of my favorite wristwatches. Anyone else a fan of Swiss Army Watches?
    Cheers,
    Unkei

2. MrRoundel

MrRoundel Registered User
    Donor

Dec 28, 2010
    So. Cal., USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I too like some of the Victorinox watches, as well as Wengers. My girlfriend and I actually have a couple of matching time/date watches. She had hers first. I was looking for a parts movement for it because the dial-feet were broken off, and I wanted to put a new dial on. I bought one off the big auction site, inexpensively, and it ended up being a bit larger than hers, but still not big for my style tastes. It was a perfect size for me, and only needed a battery. Well, she still has her foot-less dial, and I've got a watch that I like. We often wear them together. The styles can be nice, especially when they're not huge. But this is just a personal preference.

Not long after, I found another inexpensive, non-running, quartz chronograph by Wenger. I then ended up buying a lot of 4 NOS movements for less than the price of one (ETA 251.272) and putting one in the watch. It's nice looking as well, but a bit too big for my wrist, so it sits in a watch box most of the time. Yours looks nice with the red (Swiss Army Knife) bezel, as it's quite classic Swiss Army, isn't it? Enjoy.