Vedette wall clocks - case styles

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
lovely case,and agreed to every comment before.They are the best of their kind!BTW does it have the clip for the bocklet? like here?
to all Vedette-Owners
if You need one pm me,there are some left-
Burkhard

Last edited:

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
a good one,congrats! I love the oblong ones more than the somewhat "stout" square versions.
Burkhard

Reactions: Rockin Ronnie

Emmanuelle_

New User
Jan 12, 2020
Country
Self-confessed novice here. I bought this Electro Vedette clock a few years ago at a flea market in France and would appreciate any help to try and date it. Given its size and inscription below the hands, I wondered if it was perhaps from a railway station? Its approximately 40cm in diameter. If photos of the movement are needed please let me know. Thanks!

EA54F806-4C30-408D-96A0-6865019A0FAA.jpeg 2790A01C-C7F8-48FD-8818-A0729553475D.jpeg

Reactions: Calvin H. Huynh

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
The cursive Vedette text would suggest 1950's or later. Vedette did have a line of simple 'dial' wall clocks which were ideal for railway stations, public offices, or places where a chime clock would not be desired. They could be had with windup mechanical or electric movements, the latter being a mechanical movement with electric rewind mechanism.

Emmanuelle_

New User
Jan 12, 2020
Country
The cursive Vedette text would suggest 1950's or later. Vedette did have a line of simple 'dial' wall clocks which were ideal for railway stations, public offices, or places where a chime clock would not be desired. They could be had with windup mechanical or electric movements, the latter being a mechanical movement with electric rewind mechanism.
Thank you! I've just been speaking to a few clock repair places but all are claiming its too tricky. I have attached some pics of the movement/electrical component. Do you think its possible to convert this for modern day power outlets? Or convert it to battery?

CED41481-4FBD-41D4-9FF1-7F0EC3B16851.jpeg 6DB6C02B-D844-407C-8CD9-CE1758A66EF2.jpeg 1B1C13E6-C169-4B33-A9BA-78ADE5FC6A54.jpeg CEC165F8-653C-477C-90CE-DC221F3A69A9.jpeg

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good evening, Emmanuelle!

Mine (See Post #30) looks rather similar to yours. I would need to dig it out to look at it in detail, but the key is that this clock is actually a mechanical clock that only has its mainspring wound by electricity. I would bet that yours can be brought back to life. If you bought it in France, then chances are it will run on the 240 volt power in Australia as well. No worries about some kind of synchronous motor, as far as I know.

What kind of plug might it have on the power cord?

Best regards!

Tim Orr

KarlGeorge71

New User
Mar 21, 2021
Country
Hi all
Lovely to read all these posts about wonderfully made clocks.
I recently purchased this Art Deco vedette click with twin chime. Westminster and ave Maria and wondered if anyone could tell me the year please.
thank you in advance and hope the photos help?
It is currently keeping good time and chimes are very good.
Karl

65466606-E279-442E-B6A5-415F6FC6F595.jpeg 75D0E203-6205-4E9B-B748-393EF329C42A.jpeg F3E81648-4E18-4FF9-9B20-03ADB99A0A85.jpeg 1265DB36-EE06-4478-AE2C-3C52DFB2DA9F.jpeg 5E3A43F3-CE28-43A7-A29C-EC5D57D585A7.jpeg 36BCA8A4-AA0E-47A2-81BD-9B9B1C78086F.jpeg 3A90EC42-D2BD-4DC9-A756-138F8FC76B1A.jpeg 6F6FB618-B404-439C-BAC8-4E37C1A848A5.jpeg

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Going by the shorter case, cursive 'Vedette' dial logo, and T-shaped gong unit, your clock was made during the mid 1950's. The dual chime clocks are especially desirable since you can change the chime melodies.

Reactions: KarlGeorge71

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
We can also notice that newer styles (post 40s) of any French wall clock has case styles with scroll work rather than carvings or ornaments therefore past the Art Deco period.

Nonetheless, the chimes are melodious and clear on any Vedette! These clocks are also rare in the states so not only you got a quality clock, you got a rare clock! Enjoy it for sure and take care of it!

Reactions: KarlGeorge71

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
Karl,congrats to Your beautifull Vedette! In Your 3rd. pic I see the tin clip for the little booklet laying on the bottom board of the case. Do You have the booklet?
If not read to all Vedette-Owners pm me if You´re interested.
Burkhard

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
Hi Burkhard, I think that clip also serves as a Pendulum holder. Me and Chimeclockfan saw how it worked when we found a Vietnamese shop hanging the pendulum on that loop parallel to that "clip" and the clip snugly fitted in the two slots back of the pendulum bob. Perhaps there were a duel purpose and the booklet were hung along with the pendulum.

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
The tin hook slots into the pendulum bob, securing it and allowing for easy transport.
It was usually mounted onto the case side on older clocks but on these later clocks it may be on the bottom instead as shown.
The booklet can be tucked in with the pendulum when transported so it didn't get lost.
Easier than some of the German box regulators where you're stuck tactfully packing the pendulum inside the case with heaps of packing material. Vedette really nailed the box regulator clock layout, don't think any company did better in the end.

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
Vedette really nailed the box regulator clock layout, don't think any company did better in the end.
Totally! They also have a chime securement if you don’t take it off.
There’s sometimes a loop with a spring to pull the pendulum so it’s secure after latched on the tin. Think that feature applies to older Vedette.

My next Vedette is Frere Jacques AND Ave Maria chime!

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
I've just been speaking to a few clock repair places but all are claiming its too tricky
The mind boggles! Too tricky? :???: How on earth do they make a living?
Do you think its possible to convert this for modern day power outlets? Or convert it to battery?
Please don't do that!

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
During the 1930's Vedette did offer an electric-wind clock. "Electro Vedette".
Same great chimes but with an electric auto-wind mechanism which controls all three trains:

claussclocks

NAWCC Member
Mar 14, 2013
Texas
Country
Region
I´m looking for a Frere Jaques for years.....Good luck!
Burkhard
I have considered if we could find someone who has one and would trust us to return it copying the chime drum pattern and converting a standard Vedette Westminster. It uses the same bar set.
Not perfect nor true to form but it would work.

DPC

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
I have considered if we could find someone who has one and would trust us to return it copying the chime drum pattern and converting a standard Vedette Westminster. It uses the same bar set.
Not perfect nor true to form but it would work.

DPC
I’ve actually thought about that before but putting ODO barrels in Hermle but you don’t feel like your a proud owner of a Frere Jacques clock. But, I wouldn’t like to alter a “real Vedette” because they are pretty in its original state. As you say, “Nothing sounds like a Vedette”!
You would also need a Vedette 45 10 rod assortment with 4 rod hour strike and 6 chime rods.
If I were going to do something like this, I would use a Hermle movement just to preserve the elusive Vedette (in the states).

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
The Frere Jacques chime clocks appear once in a while on eBay, not an everyday find but they do exist. There are also a number that turn up in Latin America and Vietnam but no clue if the latter's shops ship overseas. Just keep searching and one of these days it'll appear.
Even a Vedette with just the Westminster chime is great as-is. No homebrew modification will ever be as good as the factory-original.

The really rare Vedette is the model that plays Westminster/Cloches des Vosges, it almost never appears for sale.
Same 10 gong rods overall but a different alternative chime from Frere Jacques and Ave Maria.

DougS2

Mar 30, 2021
Country
One type of Vedette clock is missing from your list and that is the Longcase clock from the 1930s. I have been lucky enough to acquire one of these in beautiful walnut wood, very rectangular with no unnecessary decoration, a plate glass front, bevelled around all the edges, and in the "skyscraper" shape top and bottom. To complete the deco stying, the pendulum and three weights are chromed. The clock has the Westminster chime on each quarter then the full peal on the hour. I think the chimes are the best thing about Vedette clocks, particularly the wooden wall clocks which have a rather clunky, 1970-Volvo styling. They are full and sonorous and not the "bim-bam" of some other makes at that time.
I've tried to attach some photos but no matter how small the pixel size, I can't get them uploaded.

Clockrobin

DougS2

Mar 30, 2021
Country
Hello — I am pleased to have come across this site this morning and find it very informative. I bought a Vedette in 1977 (or 78). It is fully functional, but shows its age. I gather from what I’ve read here that it is post 1931. I have not seen other pictures showing the square face. It has 10 bars and chimes frera jacque as well as westminster. i was thinking to refinish the exterior. Any thoughts on when it was made, or how to best refinish it?

6481C80F-D86F-41D4-B813-610380D2B31C.jpeg

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
Beautiful clock! You should definitely keep it because it sure is a good. It looks to be in a Art Nouveau style so it maybe was made in the 30/40s. I would say to not refinish it as it has character as is and should be enjoyed in the state it was intended to be. May we have some pictures of the inside (chime rods, movement, interior, accessories, etc) please?

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
Beautiful! If you haven’t already, you should take the clock to the shop for a checkup.

Otherwise, the clock looks to be in pretty good condition.

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Your clock was made during the early 1930's and is a fantastic example of an Art Deco box regulator. The dual chime function is a bonus.
Vedette was the only clock company to use Frere Jacques as a clock chime.

I use Slick Lube 50 to clean off the light corrosion/dirt on the steel chime rods:
spray the Slick Lube onto a paper towel, then gently wipe the rods 'til they're clean.
The rods don't need to come out of their block for this procedure.

I've had good luck using a thin layer of Bullseye Shellac to brighten up cases, applied carefully with a good brush & being sure no hairs or dust particles build up while the shellac dries.
It is also important to avoid getting any shellac on the glasses and to leave the door open so it doesn't stick shut.

DougS2

Mar 30, 2021
Country
Your clock was made during the early 1930's and is a fantastic example of an Art Deco box regulator. The dual chime function is a bonus.
Vedette was the only clock company to use Frere Jacques as a clock chime.

I use Slick Lube 50 to clean off the light corrosion/dirt on the steel chime rods:
spray the Slick Lube onto a paper towel, then gently wipe the rods 'til they're clean.
The rods don't need to come out of their block for this procedure.

I've had good luck using a thin layer of Bullseye Shellac to brighten up cases, applied carefully with a good brush & being sure no hairs or dust particles build up while the shellac dries.
It is also important to avoid getting any shellac on the glasses and to leave the door open so it doesn't stick shut.
Very good! Thank you for your reply. Would you mind, if you have one, posting a picture of a clock that you’ve refurbished with thin layer of shellac? And by thin, do you mean to spread out 1 layer to the max, or to dilute with (thinner?)?

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Here's a Gustav Becker mantel clock case I refurbished with shellac. I just apply one layer of shellac with a sponge brush, spread out to the max to create a thin layer of shellac. No diluting required. The shellac normally dries within 3 hours with 15 minutes working time:

410c.JPG

DougS2

Mar 30, 2021
Country
Here's a Gustav Becker mantel clock case I refurbished with shellac. I just apply one layer of shellac with a sponge brush, spread out to the max to create a thin layer of shellac. No diluting required. The shellac normally dries within 3 hours with 15 minutes working time:

View attachment 646634
Very nice! Thank you for sharing Your insights, and the picture.

Reactions: J. A. Olson

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
DougS2, the only thing I´d think of "improving" is the leather in the hammer heads, it looks verry aged and dry producing a harsh and "steely" sound sometimes. If that was the case ,I´d replace it with fresh and somewhat softer leather tips which give a softer and deeper sound.
Just and idea though....
A beauty in all other respects, and I whish I had a Frere Jaques
Burkhard

DougS2

Mar 30, 2021
Country
Thank you for your insight and response. The sound is quite wonderful in its current condition — the chimes are rich, deep, and melodic. The sound rings for quite a while... I’ve not heard a ‘grandfather’ clock with better sound. I had not paid any attention to such detail as you suggest leather repadding of the hammers. But I will definitely see what I could do or have done about that. It could sound even better. Again, I thank you. Very helpful responses from all!

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
Thank you for your insight and response. The sound is quite wonderful in its current condition — the chimes are rich, deep, and melodic. The sound rings for quite a while... I’ve not heard a ‘grandfather’ clock with better sound. I had not paid any attention to such detail as you suggest leather repadding of the hammers. But I will definitely see what I could do or have done about that. It could sound even better. Again, I thank you. Very helpful responses from all!
That’s the characteristic with Vedette! The only clocks that could compete with its sound is Celebrate mantle clocks, Earlier ODO, and maybe a HAC wall clock.

Calvin H. Huynh

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
COTD is a French made(by Vedette) wall clock. Pretty big and heavy. 8 day, with dual chimes. Choice between Ave Maria and Westminster. Beveled glass. Circa 1930s. Our first clock that plays Ave Maria.

View attachment 558702 View attachment 558703
Hi skyclock , I have looked around some catalogs and found yours. Thought maybe you were interested! It very nice BTW - one of my favorite brands!
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.00.31 PM.png
It is in the 1935/36 catalog.

I have done the same for you, KarlGeorge71. P. 2 of the 1950/51 catalogue.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.28.43 AM.png
Self-confessed novice here. I bought this Electro Vedette clock a few years ago at a flea market in France and would appreciate any help to try and date it. Given its size and inscription below the hands, I wondered if it was perhaps from a railway station? Its approximately 40cm in diameter. If photos of the movement are needed please let me know. Thanks!

View attachment 565688 View attachment 565689
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.39.30 AM.png
Sure there are pictures of the Electric Movement, but I cannot find them.

Good afternoon, all!

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I thought I had photos of my Vedette, but couldn't find them, then couldn't find the clock itself until yesterday. This one has a platform escapement and a barreled mainspring. It takes the best part of 40 minutes for the spring to fully wind when the clock is first plugged in after being run down. I then unplugged the clock, and so far, it has been running for 12 hours on the spring power "reserve." The clock is about 17 inches wide and 14 tall.

Best regards!

Tim Orr
Tim Orr

P. 23 1938/39 catalog.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.32.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.32.40 AM.png

1965/66 catalog.
Hi All. Brand new to the forum. We've had our Vedette wall clock for quite some time, probably 20 years or more, and have very much enjoyed it. I'm sure the mechanism has been worked on or restored a time or two, probably shortly before we acquired it. I'm on this forum now because while it still keeps great time, the chime mechanism isn't working. I'm hoping it's something small since the mechanism is in overall good condition and the it keeps good time. Would welcome anyone's thoughts on both the mechanism and the age/vintage of our clock. Thanks in advance for that as well as for the forum overall. Great posts and excellent information! View attachment 327041
1935/36 catalog.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.46.16 AM.png

View attachment 140396 View attachment 140397 View attachment 140398 View attachment 140399

I hope that these photos of my clock will now upload so here goes -
Thats a beautiful longcase Vedette! Here are the catalog photos from p. 60 1933/34 catalog!
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.42.08 AM.png
Hi everyone. I just purchased my very first "good" clock for my husband's Christmas present. I am hoping that someone might be able to estimate the age or have any other information on it. Thanks.
P. 11 1938/39 catalog

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.48.08 AM.png

I do not have pictures for older 1920s-early 30s yet.

Please enjoy these clocks! They are very nice and one of my favorite makers - they have very nice sounding chimes! You can see the quality even in the electric clocks - They resemble the older movements!
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatH

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
P. 23 1938/39 catalog.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.32.40 AM.png
P. 23 1938/39 catalog.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.32.10 AM.png
Good evening, Salsagev!

Interesting. The description says it has two tones. Mine has none. Wish it did.

Best regards!

Tim Orr

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Hi,
I have the technical notice of the Vedette chime, if you are interested I can post the PDF.

Amicalement GG

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Any Vedette literature is appreciated. I don't have many catalogs or advertisement scans in my archive because they weren't available for many years.

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Any Vedette literature is appreciated. I don't have many catalogs or advertisement scans in my archive because they weren't available for many years.
Here is the technical notice in French, normal Vedette is French !

Amicalement GG

Attachments

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Two tones wood or chime?
Good evening, Salsagev!

Not sure, actually. The text in French from the catalog listing appears to be, "Noyer poli, 2 tons, cadran metal sous verre, lunette ouvrante et baguettes chromées." Google Translate renders that as, "Polished walnut, 2 tones, metal dial under glass, opening bezel and chrome rods." I assumed it meant musical tones and chrome chime rods.

However, given the fact that the wood components are natural plus black, there are horizontal chromed strips on the case and no chimes, maybe they mean "two color tones" and "chrome strips." Admittedly, I've never seen chime rods chromed.

Best regards!

Tim

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
It refers to a two-tone color scheme on the case. Vedette chime rods were always made of blued steel or bellmetal bronze.
Chroming chime rods would hamper their sound quality. :emoji_snail:

A very good Vedette site has been up for some time & I just realized it's been updated today. Take a look:

MikClock

Jan 20, 2022
Country
This is the photo of mine just after unpacking so pendulum had not yet been hung. I never took another photo and just dropped it off to be serviced last week.
But used it for a few years and one of the chief reasons for picking it was the chimes. I have the curse of "golden ears" and most clock chimes really grate on my ears. This one (as well as most Vedettes) is indeed music to the ears.

Anyway, would you date this in the '30s?

Interesting thing about these designs: the clock here really takes on elements of Art Deco that were created in the '20s. The stair-stepping, rectilinearity, extreme numerals all fit the go-go '20s.
But seeing the brochure someone posted not only confirms the dating you have indicated that these are more likely from the '30s, but that Vedette's clock styles leaned toward the conservative. They were still producing things stylistically a bit behind the curve and that may either reflect their buyer's preferences and/or the company's perspective.

IMG_0351.jpg

Separately, someone has posted info about a really sharp looking longcase Vedette on-line here: vedette grandfather clock antique appraisal | InstAppraisal

Cheers,
Chris

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Your wall clock would be from the early to mid 1930's. Vedette was one of those special companies that knew how to tastefully balance elements when designing cases, both modern and traditionally influenced. These clocks were squarely aimed at working-class households whose tastes fluctuated from hyper modernism to traditionally-influenced revivals of older styles. That particular dial with the go-go numerals was unique to Vedette, no other company is known to have used that exact numerical font. This 1934 advertisement shows a similar model:

1934-vedette-un-grande-marque.jpg

That longcase in the auction looks like something from the 1950's going by the dial and Rococo revival case.
What little can be seen of the movement also matches the 1950's pattern, which was smaller than Vedette's pre-war longcase movement.
The postwar years saw a gradual shift towards traditionally influenced cases after years of Art Deco and streamlined modernism.
Even Vedette's later battery operated dial clocks had roman numerals, screened paint ornamentation, or brass spandrels.

MikClock

Jan 20, 2022
Country
"Your wall clock would be from the early to mid 1930's. Vedette was one of those special companies that knew how to tastefully balance elements when designing cases, both modern and traditionally influenced. These clocks were squarely aimed at working-class households whose tastes fluctuated from hyper modernism to traditionally-influenced revivals of older styles. That particular dial with the go-go numerals was unique to Vedette, no other company is known to have used that exact numerical font. This 1934 advertisement shows a similar model:"

Thank you for that ad! Those numerals are actually one of the other things I really liked about this clock. There were a number of very stylized fonts created during that period of which I am a fan but I had never seen any quite like those on this clock. Your statement that they are unique in the clock world supports that. Mine is in fair condition - I have been thinking I need to watch for another to become available that is in better condition.

Also interesting in that ad, it lists the prices. The case that most closely matches mine is the least expensive box clock at 350fr.
I decided to Google how that translated to dollars and to today.
The Franc had managed to regain strength it lost against the dollar in the '20s and by the early '30s held at around 25cents to the dollar. But by the summer of '34, it was declining steadily and leveled out around 15cents.
A 1930 dollar inflates to about $15 today and it rose in subsequent years to a value of almost $20 of today's dollars by 1934.
So, for example in 1933, 350fr x .25cts = $87.50 inflated to last year dollars (x 19.88) = $1,739.50

Today, one can purchase a new clock with mechanical escapement and furniture-quality case etc. for a similar price USD so maybe that maps fairly accurately.

Now, making the jump from France to the U.S. in the 21st century is not entirely reduceable by the numbers alone. How much disposable income they had/we have may be radically different. The early '30s - Great Depression years - turned things on end for a while.

But that price level suggests the clocks were being purchased by maybe professionals, doctor/lawyer/business owner, etc. ?
How many they sold might give some further insight into this.
I think a clock had much more value at a time before we all had cell phones and such.

Anyway, thank you for all your research on these clocks! It is much appreciated.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
nice clock with a well made case , the movements are best value for money and can last for centuries when regularly maintained.
More pics of the clock from all sides and of the movement , please!
Burkhard

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
They're great clocks. Vedette was in direct competition with other companies based in France and Germany, but the Vedettes always exhibit an especially high quality level of workmanship. I have one Vedette and it is among the best clocks I've handled. Runs strong, chimes sound great, keeps good time, no real problems.

A single chime wall clock would have served the household, being placed in the foyer or dining hall where it would seen and heard each day. A wall chime clock was the pride of any household, not a cheap toy purchased and thrown out by the dozens. Thousands of these clocks were produced between 1925-1939 and it's indicative many of these have survived to the present day. A quick search on eBay France gives at least 30 active listings for Vedette clocks.

It would have been a real investment for any family at the time, especially those who didn't have much money. While aimed at the working class, they were also accessible towards the higher classes such as lawyers, doctors, other professionals. These clocks were as essential a utility as anything else, but their importance declined after the 1960's and nowadays the clock is just another application on the smartphone.

Conversely these Vedette clocks were not exported to the United States when new and their resurgence in popularity among collectors around the world is a fairly recent trend. The rise of the internet has also made buying these clocks very accessible to those who previously had no way to conveniently buy clocks from around the world.

Vedette was enough of a phenomenon to be reported in the French press. This 1927 news article was found by Denis Raquin and I have restored it myself for ease of reading. Denis, sadly, has not been active lately but I've aspired to keep at it with researching Vedette and other French clock companies from the same period. There's been plenty learned compared to just 10 years ago.

Vedette Article 1927.jpg

And one more advertisement, from 1926 which shows more of those traditionally-influenced clocks:

Vedette Ad 1926.jpg

MikClock

Jan 20, 2022
Country
Great information!
I need to ask a French-speaking friend to translate that article for me. ;-)

Burkhard, I never took complete photos of my clock after receiving and it is now at the shop to be serviced. The shop says they are 6 months behind!
Meanwhile, I took photos opening the box when I first received it because I was worried about what I would find inside.
It was shipped from Germany to the U.S.
It is a miracle it survived intact. It was just sloshing around inside with the garbage they put in the box with it!
IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0349.jpg

Reactions: J. A. Olson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JBorren
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner