$ Value of Frederic Mauthe long case clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by David A Vallone, Jan 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David A Vallone

David A Vallone Registered User

Jan 21, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I have just acquired a Frederic Mauthe Art Deco era long case clock and was wondering what the value may be in the U.S.A.? It is in all completely original condition and working.

Thank You
    David

Mauthe.jpg Mauthe 2.jpg Mauthe4.jpg Mauthe5.jpg Mauthe6.jpg

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It appears to be an older clock, and that adds some charm. It also is a multi-chimer, which is a plus. Other than that it seems pretty ordinary as far as tall case clocks go. I also like the feet, and the masculine square look of the case and dial. Taking a guess on the value - if the clock runs, chimes and strikes well I'd put it in the $500.00 area. The problem with tall case clocks though is getting them to a new home, so you usually have to find a local buyer or pay big bucks for shipping.

3. David A Vallone

David A Vallone Registered User

Jan 21, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thank you for your input. Yes, it is from around the Kate 20’s early 30’s and has a very nice Art Deco French Walnut veneer Case. The rods mount in the back of the clock are marked GB which I believe is Gustav Becker as another member pointed out.