• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

$ Value of 1943 Rolex Oyster

dougralls

NAWCC Member
Feb 14, 2015
Country
I inherited this Rolex Oyster Stainless Steel "Military", ref #3139 from my father's estate. It is currently in for a complete overhaul and "sprucing up". I am not ever going to sell it, but can someone give me a good auction estimate on value, or tell me what the best resource for valuation might be? Thanks.
Rolex Front.jpg Rolex Back.jpg

MartyR

Dec 16, 2008
UK
Country
I've had to value two Oysters recently, and the best resource I found was Bonhams. They have a "realised prices" section which is very useful. It may be that your watch falls below their minimum sale price (which I think is now £500) but it's worth a try if you don't get information here.

Last edited by a moderator:

dougralls

NAWCC Member
Feb 14, 2015
Country
I've had to value two Oysters recently, and the best resource I found was Bonhams. They have a "realised prices" section which is very useful. It may be that your watch falls below their minimum sale price (which I think is now £500) but it's worth a try if you don't get information here.
Thanks Marty.

Last edited by a moderator:

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country
But for the dedication on the back, it would have been worth more to a common collector. Great dial condition.

Adam Harris

Moore NWCM Award
May 3, 2012
Costa Blanca - Spain
highercailber.com
Country
Bit late
but your piece is worth a LOT more than 500 pounds
Dial and hand all original, center sweep second lovely Rolex " OYSTER ARMY"
$2000 as per your pictures to $3000 depending how it cleans up, maybe even a bit more, for Insurance purposes I would personally set $3500.
A super looking piece in my opinion
Adam

Adam Harris

Moore NWCM Award
May 3, 2012
Costa Blanca - Spain
highercailber.com
Country
I would add
The inscription on the back will not increase value to this watch, for that to happen the inscription has to be more military based, on a regiment or officer.
Something with historical provenance
adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabberwalky
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent