• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Vadis womans wrist watch

Bill Manders

Feb 21, 2008
Prince George
Country
Region
Hi again,
The lack of response to the Vadis, either tells me it is really a rare watch that is unknown, or more likely, a watch of little consequence or value, and not worthy of a response.
So the next question would have to be, which of the above, is it ?
Thanks,
Bill

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
The term "generic" might apply to your watch. There are literally millions of watch "brand names" than are indistinguishable from one another. These names may be "house" brand names placed on watches that are assembled from off the shelf components. They may be a jeweller's name, a department store's name, a watch broker's name, I'm sure you get the picture. Watch movements were made by companies other that the company that made the dial, the crystal, the case, the hands, and the bracelet. Too many outfits involved in the end product to determine a maker. No serial number, no records kept by the outfit that assembled it to be able to determine rarity. Virtually identical watches to yours were likely sold with a countless number of different dial names! The case maker's trade mark is likely stamped inside the case back, but that is not likely a name you would recognize as a watch company. The movement probably has a maker's trade mark and caliber number stamped on it, somewhere. But again, it won't the name of a watch company that you will recognize. So there's a reason not much has been said about your watch. There's really not much anyone can say!

Mikrolisk lists two Swiss outfits that used the name Quo Vadis, but no listing for a Vadis.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi Bill, i would say its uncommon, the maker. Just did a search on that big web site and found nothing currently for sale.

Bill Manders

Feb 21, 2008
Prince George
Country
Region
Thanks Doug and Kevin, I also checked the big site and found nothing too. I was expecting the answers given, thinking it was a generic of millions of swiss manufactured ebauches, but was hoping it was a rare offshoot of a Girard perreguax or something similar. Oh well for a buck who cares. Does the style look like fortyish ?
Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jespercal
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre