Vacheron Constantin pocket watch info...Where??

juniorpr65

Jul 18, 2010
Hi again,

I've been offered a Vacheron Constantin pocket watch at what I believe is a reasonable price for what I have seen on the web. I would like to get more information on the specific watch. If there such a web site as with our american PW that supplies the specific details other than the manufacturing date of a swiss made watch?

I do have the serial # of the watch.

Thanks!

tick talk

Sep 16, 2008
Country
Post some good clear pics and we'll take a shot at helping :)

juniorpr65

Jul 18, 2010
Post some good clear pics and we'll take a shot at helping :)
Thanks tick, Im on a business trip and the seller of this watch is about 40 miles away, unfortunately Im against time on this one. I will have to purchase/pick-up the watch then post pictures as I return back home. I saw the watch, is great, all original - about a 12 size or a little larger in comparison to an american made pocket watch, with what it looks like a mother of pearl dial. Signed movement and dial on its original 18k case. I assume by your answer there is not such a website.

tick talk

Sep 16, 2008
Country
There are several V&C forums but nothing such as an online catalog of vintage models...too many variations to make that possible. You are dealing with a company that has been producing for over 250 years in very small model runs. Mother of pearl dial doesn't sound right though, unless it was an American-cased hybrid. Anyway, I don't want to play at guessing 'cause with V&C you really have to see it to know it!

juniorpr65

Jul 18, 2010
There are several V&C forums but nothing such as an online catalog of vintage models...too many variations to make that possible. You are dealing with a company that has been producing for over 250 years in very small model runs. Mother of pearl dial doesn't sound right though, unless it was an American-cased hybrid. Anyway, I don't want to play at guessing 'cause with V&C you really have to see it to know it!
Well, I may be wrong about the mother of pearl but is certainly not ceramic, it has some mild/shiny texture as I saw thru my loupe. Anyways, thanks for your help. I will take a better look before making any decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam P
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre