Vacheron Constantin Corps Engineer Movement

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Laser, Aug 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Laser

Laser New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi,

I am new to pocket watches and I posted this same post in a different forum and I apologize if you already read this. The stem is missing but it works per the seller via another stem that is included with the watch. Any information world be great. The movement caught my attention and any information on it would be great. The movement does not look like your typical movement associated with the Corps pocket watches based on my research. Case # 23570, Watch ID 1720 Serial number in movement is 382001. Thank you very much for your time and information.

I was referred to this posting that contains an identical image of the VC movement: Vacheron Observatory Chronometer

s-l1600.jpg VC1.jpg VC4.jpg VC3.jpg

musicguy and viclip like this.
  2. John Cote

John Cote Director
    Director NAWCC Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Photographer
    Midwest USA
    Country Flag:
    I think the watch looks pretty straight. It will be difficult to see if it completely works without the right stem. The stem controls both winding and the chronograph function. Making a new stem will be quite a chore/expensive and will take a watchmaker who really knows what he/she is doing. That said this is a nice and historical watch.

Laser likes this.
  3. Laser

Laser New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    Country Flag:
    John, thank you for your infomation. I bought the watch from a collector who had it for 20 years. I will update this thread once I receive it.

4. Laser

Laser New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    Country Flag:
    UPDATE: VC sent me the extract from the archives, the watch was manufactured in 1918 with caliber RA 19/20'''.

John Cote likes this.