NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
In response to a request for an American Pocket Watch Repair forum, *I have added the Prefix feature to the Watch Repair Forum'.

This feature has two parts.

First, when you create a thread, you can assign a prefix to it to show what kind of watch you are repairing or want to repair. When you click on New Thread, there is a box with a drop down list of topic prefixes as shown below,
upload_2018-12-27_23-51-3.png

When you are reading the forum and want to only show a particular type of watch, you can select from the same set of prefixes which ones you want to show.

We have used a set of database queries to guess which prefix should hold each of the threads, but since this is mechanical, there are likely to be quite a few errors. If you see a thread that you think iis mis-classified, please report it.

Many threads have not yet been classified at all. So if you know that some threads contain a particular word or phrase that identifies them with one of the prefixes please report that also with the key word or phrase you would choose to identify those items/.

Finally, if you have additional prefixes of the broad kind in this list, please suggest them for inclusion along with a phrase that could be used to recognize threads needing that prefix.

Note - you may select multiple prefixes for a thread. Likewise when searching you may choose more than one prefix if, for example you want to know who is looking for English Watch Balance choose both English PW and Balance.
upload_2018-12-27_23-47-42.png

------- upgrade note -------
The prefixes may now be clicked to see all threads with the same prefix. If the list is being filtered by prefix, clicking on the prefix will remove the filter. The list of threads without a prefix still requires you to use the selector drop down shown below the thread list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave T

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Tom,
Because this forum deals with cleaning, adjusting, repairs, etc. we need some more prefixs to use on the threads.

I am sorry but I am no artist.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Jim I am just getting around to cleaning some of this up. The instructions should match the new software better now. We no longer have the ability to use images. It sounds to me like a set of "job type" prefixes would be useful. I can add those to the list if you or the people using this forum can tell me what would be useful. i.e. Cleaning, timing, adjustment,...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rie
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre