Useful link to search registered design, patent etc.

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by michael-35, May 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. michael-35

michael-35 Registered User

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hello,
    I've not found a spefic section for such question, so sorry if I've posted it here.

My question is about the website to look for info about patents, design etc presents inscribed in the watches.
    I use: worldwide.espacenet.com; trademarks.justia.com; www.trademarkia.com
    respectively for patents and trademarks. But what for a registered design (or modèle déposé in French language)?
    For example I'd look for the DEPOSE 9846 as shown on David Boettcher website, but I can't find nothing by myself of the original document. Can you suggest me something?

Thank you

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    For me the best site is depatis.net but you do need to know which country the patent was in, otherwise you have to search all the possible registers.

'Depose' just means 'registered' in French. I have looked and found a patent No. 9846 in Swiss, French, and German registers, but all are for different things and none had anything to do with watches (or clocks).

Do you know what patent No. 9846 was about and where it was issued?

JTD

3. Adam Harris

Adam Harris Registered User
    Moore NWCM Award

May 3, 2012
    Male
    Jubilado (retired)
    Costa Blanca - Spain
    Country Flag:
    "DEPOSE" means "Registered Trade Mark" - its a French word, but is used by all