Use of old fashioned spring winders.

tickytocky

Jan 14, 2021
Country
Good Day... new in the forum. Located in Europe, interest in the larger clocks.
Question: Can anybody give me a general run-through on how to use these Spring Winders? The older one I have just purchased and the newer model above; I am working on a price with a seller. But... how are they actually used? I have done springs always by hand in the past but eventually it made me nervous. Springs are quite quick to jump about. Thanks!
PS... photo is "borrowed from seller"... hope he doesn't mind ;-)

clockspringwinder1.jpg

howtorepairpendulumclocks

Dec 18, 2020
Country
You might want to check out this Open Clock Club video. it's quite long but goes through the process of using this type of winder... Hope it helps

tickytocky

Jan 14, 2021
Country
You might want to check out this Open Clock Club video. it's quite long but goes through the process of using this type of winder... Hope it helps
Thank you. Perhaps I'd be wise then to scout the entire website out before troubling others with questions already answered. Thank you... looking this evening :)

Rod Schaffter

Mar 20, 2020
Country

tickytocky

Jan 14, 2021
Country
Thank you. Perhaps I'd be wise then to scout the entire website out before troubling others with questions already answered. Thank you... looking this evening :)
Saw the video... the plyers... interesting. The video helped though... thanks!

tickytocky

Jan 14, 2021
Country
Saw the video... the plyers... interesting. The video helped though... thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skwolff
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre